Sponsored

Top 10 things Jeep should have done WITHOUT.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
@Headbarcode
I hope not to derail this thread, but I've been looking for a lift (2.5" max). I have seen contradictory information about the quality of some of the lifts. I was thinking either TerraFlex or Mopar and read good things about both. What's your take?
What the Mopar lift lacks, is a stronger adjustable pair of front lower control arms and front and rear track bars. The .25" longer fixed arms in their kit are of the same budget quality bushings and thin flexible structure as the originals.

Larger tires and taller suspension increases the leverage forces put on the Jeep. This goes for both on and off road. Adjustability is nice for being able to do the initial fine tuning, but the strength of the parts is really where it's at. Being able to out strengthen those forces will lead to more predictable tracking in the straights and curves, an enhanced sense of sure-footedness, and it gets better and better as more arms and linkages get upgraded.

I can't say anything about the quality of Mopar and teraflex, because I have zero hands on experience with either. It's just that they don't contain the minimal amount of parts to at least start on a solid foundation. Add the missing parts, and you end up spending on multiple brands what could've been spent on one. And every component in that one was designed to work seamlessly together.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I think safety package should just be built into every model. 99.9 percent of all trucks and cars come standard with these now. Proximity and cold as one package. I would never want to give up my proximity locks I have had them on multiple trucks for well over 12 years now and they make life easy. Other than that I’m fine with everything else. Yah maybe less inlays for different models. I never realized all the different grills. I can see the rubicon’s having thier own bit then after that all other models use the same. I also didn’t realize all the flares are different. Ya only 2 painted or unpainted.

Sponsored

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
Do we really need different grilles and fenders for Sports, Saharas and Rubicons? Does anyone really care that the DRLs on Sport are smaller than those on Sahara & Rubicon? Does anyone care that Sahara & Rubicon grilles have separate "inserts" but Sport grilles are one piece?
I totally agree with this, especially now that there are now four fenders - the high altitude being the latest.

I am a designer and engineer, and all day long I go through great lengths to reduce part count for my clients. But every time I work on the JL I am amazed by how many extra and seemingly unnecessary parts there are. It feels like somebody's bonus was based on the number of parts pushed out.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
It's hilarious that several people list options that Jeep should get rid of, when they're options. Don't like em', don't order them, and they go away.

ESS and Autopark are the literal worst.
Thank our government for those. That is not a Jeep thing.

Sponsored

mtbjeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Apparently you can still do #6
1612696639876.png

Note: not my Jeep, not my girls. not my photo. The things you see on Instagram that are "Jeep" related.
If they're Mopar employees does that still void the warranty?

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
I would also like for Jeep to do away with framed doors,.
You
I would also like for Jeep to do away with framed doors,.
Why? Framed windows make the actual window operation more reliable. They seal way better for way longer and in the winter they do not freeze to the vehicle like frame-less windows do.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
You

Why? Framed windows make the actual window operation more reliable. They seal way better for way longer and in the winter they do not freeze to the vehicle like frame-less windows do.
Because i'm selfish and love the look of frameless doors :)

To me the look of half doors and roof off is fantastic and gives the Jeep a very sleek, clean look front to back.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Involving Bruce Springsteen in a commercial about “unity”.
Yes the same guy who in the 80's who ( when Chrysler was on the ropes) told Lee to shove it when approached about a commercial about the USA.

The same guy who hates ICE and gas powered cars. Very dumb on Jeeps part, the woke crap going on isnt going over too well. People should let Jeep marketing know they dont appreciate a liberal elite being marketing spokes person!

and has a drinking problem.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bruce-springsteen-arrested-dwi-november-162429956.html
Sponsored

Last edited: