Sponsored

Took the plunge

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
Came on here a couple of months ago questioning the safety of the new JL's and got absolutely murdered for it. Had my masculinity questioned by people that acted like they spend their evenings out beating the hell out of MMA fighters for fun. But thankfully, there were others on here that were actually helpful and provided some enlightening evidence on why the JL might be safer than what it initially appeared.

And so, I decided to go ahead and take the plunge and buy one. Hope the mojito doesn't tire itself out too quickly. Sadly, since I had to order, they say it might take up to 60 days to come in.
Sponsored

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the the purchase. Mojito would have been my next choice if I didn't go with the firecracker red. Hopefully you won't have to wait 60 days.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Came on here a couple of months ago questioning the safety of the new JL's and got absolutely murdered for it. Had my masculinity questioned by people that acted like they spend their evenings out beating the hell out of MMA fighters for fun. But thankfully, there were others on here that were actually helpful and provided some enlightening evidence on why the JL might be safer than what it initially appeared.

And so, I decided to go ahead and take the plunge and buy one. Hope the mojito doesn't tire itself out too quickly. Sadly, since I had to order, they say it might take up to 60 days to come in.
Excellent choice!!!!!!!

Welcome :captain:

OP
OP
wordslayer

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
Congrats on the the purchase. Mojito would have been my next choice if I didn't go with the firecracker red. Hopefully you won't have to wait 60 days.
that's funny. Red was my second choice.

Gotta tell ya, these dealers do NOT want to negotiate on these things. They have a snob factor almost as thick as a BMW dealership. If I heard once I heard five times, "you almost never see markdowns or rebates on the wranglers." I felt lucky to get any kind of discount.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Did you check the dealership thread? That's were i found a local dealer to give me 6% under invoice almost no questions asked.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wordslayer

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
Did you check the dealership thread? That's were i found a local dealer to give me 6% under invoice almost no questions asked.
the dust in my wallet says no. I shopped four different dealerships but they were all pretty much the same.

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
that's funny. Red was my second choice.

Gotta tell ya, these dealers do NOT want to negotiate on these things. They have a snob factor almost as thick as a BMW dealership. If I heard once I heard five times, "you almost never see markdowns or rebates on the wranglers." I felt lucky to get any kind of discount.
I was fortunate in that I know our dealer. He is a family friend, his sister worked with my wife and very close friends with my cousin, and both of his sons were students of mine.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, congrats, welcome aboard, what did you get, I know it’s green,that’s cool, a two door, 4 door, Sahara, Rubicon, or that other one? :giggle: just kidding @robaw just kidding, ? Options? Packages? Etc.... details man details. :clap:

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
@wordslayer … Well, you started the dang fight. What did you expect when you heaved a "dichotomy" into the fray? Went all Merriam-Webster on everyone... ;)

Ok, I'm kidding. When I ordered mine around this time last year, I had a slightly longer wait time for my 2-door and the first drives were fantastic in the spring. Effing 4-doors cut to the front of the line & through the velvet ropes..

Congratulations & enjoy that rig. If mods are your thing, they get addicting. The fun has only begun.

OP
OP
wordslayer

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
Hey, congrats, welcome aboard, what did you get, I know it’s green,that’s cool, a two door, 4 door, Sahara, Rubicon, or that other one? :giggle: just kidding @robaw just kidding, ? Options? Packages? Etc.... details man details. :clap:
Details? You got em:

Rubicon
Two doors
LED lights
Mohito green with painted color matching top and fenders
auto tranny (can you say tranny when referring to an automatic in today's world without it being offensive? If not, then moderators, please remove my insensitive remark)

45k sticker, I think. bought for 41,500 I think. Not the kind of price you want to brag about, that's for sure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wordslayer

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
@wordslayer … Well, you started the dang fight. What did you expect when you heaved a "dichotomy" into the fray? Went all Merriam-Webster on everyone... ;)
Funny comment! Honestly though, you are right. I did start it, but without KNOWING I started it. I had no idea how fragile people were about these things. I felt like I was on a college campus....LOL. Lesson learned? Never ever use a Ralph Nader reference in a car forum.

Of the 100 or so testosterone drenched comments that came at me for being soft, my favorite one was this:

"You want to be safe, stay home in a house with no stairs. Me, life is above 140 mph on a bike or 100 mph on a sled, or going over stuff on an atv or jeep that maybe I shouldn't."

Maybe if I keep working out, pushing my limits, staring death in the face time and time again, I may someday get those stairs.

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
Details? You got em:

Rubicon
Two doors
LED lights
Mohito green with painted color matching top and fenders
auto tranny (can you say tranny when referring to an automatic in today's world without it being offensive? If not, then moderators, please remove my insensitive remark)

45k sticker, I think. bought for 41,500 I think. Not the kind of price you want to brag about, that's for sure.
$3,500 off sticker price isn't a terrible price. It's not 6% below invoice, but it's not too far away. And it's still significantly below MSRP .

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Funny comment! Honestly though, you are right. I did start it, but without KNOWING I started it. I had no idea how fragile people were about these things. I felt like I was on a college campus....LOL. Lesson learned? Never ever use a Ralph Nader reference in a car forum.

Of the 100 or so testosterone drenched comments that came at me for being soft, my favorite one was this:

"You want to be safe, stay home in a house with no stairs. Me, life is above 140 mph on a bike or 100 mph on a sled, or going over stuff on an atv or jeep that maybe I shouldn't."

Maybe if I keep working out, pushing my limits, staring death in the face time and time again, I may someday get those stairs.

Don’t forget to have a Michelob Ultra after your Crossfit or Peloton sesh. :muscle:

OP
OP
wordslayer

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
Sweet! Happy to see it’s rubi but I’m a little bias, good on ya my friend, any mods in future?
Yep, sure do have some plans for mods. I'm using a different strategy for modding. I'm going to do mine based on finances at the moment. And using this strategy, my first mod will be

floor mats.

In around 300 years, when I get money again, I will then put on a front steel bumper and winch.
Sponsored