Sponsored

Took the plunge. Ordered Green Diesel Tune.

jammingator

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ram 2500 w/Cummins, 2001 Toyota Land Cruiser
the CP4 has been used on everything from 6.6L Duramaxes to BMW 5-Series.
JLs driven “like a racecar” would still be well within its Design Intent.
Agreed. Diesel motors are designed and intended to be workhorses - if it has to be babied, that's a design/set up problem.

So, while the CP4 design leaves a lot to be desired, it appears the stock tune exacerbates the issue. Is that an accurate view?
Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
that's certainly one view, but i'm not qualified to address it, and i've only seen it from one vendor that's trying to sell their product (so far).

i see a number of what i think are contributing factors, including reliance on a Best-Case Scenario for pump piston anti-rotation and a lubrication circuit that returns contaminated fuel to the fuel supply, a need for a air-bubble-free fuel supply, and the expectation of higher-lubricity fuel than what we typically get from Amerikan #2 ULSD.

Agreed. Diesel motors are designed and intended to be workhorses - if it has to be babied, that's a design/set up problem.

So, while the CP4 design leaves a lot to be desired, it appears the stock tune exacerbates the issue. Is that an accurate view?

sciotola88

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Ecodiesel and 2020 JTR
Occupation
Underwriter
Just did the GDE tune last month and i love it. Throttle response and low end torque is so much better. City MPGs took a hit but i still average 23 mpg plus on the highway with 37s at 70 mph+. When i drive around town a lot i dip into the low 22s.

OP
OP
Terpsmandan

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
16 months and 40k miles and I giggle every time I launch it.

Sponsored

Floriduramax3.0

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrngler Rubicon Unlimited 3.0td

Tell that to both my Duramax's..lol 2006 GMC 2500 LBZ EFI Live 5 position switchable tune, 34-36 pounds of boost, 518hp and 1089tq to the rear wheels. Suspension fully built to handle 4 wheel drive launches on concrete/asphalt and at around 7900 pounds pulls low to mid 11's in the qtr with tailgate on and full interior and 6" BDS lift on 35's. She now has roughly 176k miles and the only troubles I have had was tie rod ends failed after first launch lol, needed to upgrade trans to stage 4 Suncoast build, one right front wheel bearing and a waterpump that just started leaking from sitting as I have been hooked on driving my supercharged C6 Vette..lol

The tow truck for the boat is 2016 Chevy 3500 DRW with the LML. Fully deleted since new and EFI Live tuned. It got a Fas Titanium lift pump with twin filters on day one along with an Exergy fuel system saver. She is up to 42k and gets Hot Shot fuel treatment. She pulls my 31 Cape Horn with cruise set at 70-75 like it's not back there. The worst thing ever on a diesel is lugging them all the time. I like to cruise with them in their peak RPM range and blow them out often. If it breaks, I fix it. No concern with going to a dealer with my vehicles.

jammingator

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s what I’m talkin bout @Floriduramax3.0 ! Drove an 06 for 188k before my company made me turn it in, should have bought that truck!

Between that Duramax, my Cummins, all the tractors and power units I’ve been around during my career in Ag - I love a diesel. Trying to get as much understanding of what I’m getting into if I take the plunge with the EcoDiesel!

I’m very tempted to buy and I’m very tempted to pass - I drove an Xtreme Recon Rubicon the other day that I really liked. Not that the 3.6 etorque doesn’t have its problems as well.

Sponsored

Floriduramax3.0

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrngler Rubicon Unlimited 3.0td
That’s what I’m talkin bout @Floriduramax3.0 ! Drove an 06 for 188k before my company made me turn it in, should have bought that truck!

Between that Duramax, my Cummins, all the tractors and power units I’ve been around during my career in Ag - I love a diesel. Trying to get as much understanding of what I’m getting into if I take the plunge with the EcoDiesel!

I’m very tempted to buy and I’m very tempted to pass - I drove an Xtreme Recon Rubicon the other day that I really liked. Not that the 3.6 etorque doesn’t have its problems as well.
I did a lot of research on the Eco Diesel before I started my search. I think it is a good motor and I think it's "the perfect" motor for a Wrangler and off roading. I probably wouldn't use it for mudding but I don't like getting muddy and the clean up that goes along with it as I get older. I enjoy low and slow offroad these days and spirited driving on road..lol

jammingator

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never was one for mudding, though living in Florida most of my life it was always there to do. Saw too many great rigs break from the abuse. The only mudding I enjoyed was hunting Bear Island, Deep Lake from the Willys and CJ model Jeeps we had growing up.

I’m looking to get back into a Jeep to get my family out running some trails and doing some camping.
Sponsored

Last edited: