Sponsored

Took Ownership Of Rubicon

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
HI. Finally she has arrived. Picked up our Rubicon late Friday night. Very exciting. Have a few questions, concerns.
1. We bought extra warranty for protection against bugs, love bugs are horrible in Florida. And interior & electronic protection.
Concern is- They want to spray a coating on the front hood. And I think spray something on the black leather... I was thinking in my mind... WTF... You mess up and I'm coming back to have it corrected. Is this okay to do? I have not seen any yellowing in paint as some have mentioned. TRUST ME.. I'm looking for anything unusual. OCD about the ENTIRE Jeep.
The only people that respect one's vehicle 100% Is You.. the Owner. True..
2. Window Tint. Does it make a difference if the dealer does it, or if we have another company do it.
3. Anyone hear of a Ceramic tint?
Any regrets on tint being too dark. Don't want super dark.
4. Step Plate- I'd like to order a Logo to protect the paint. Have any of you ordered anything. With a Wrangler or Rubicon...
Trunk mat. Weathertek?
Thank you. I will post pics once I get some free time. LOVE My New Rubicon.
Sponsored

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
Jeep® Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
Most people seem to think the dealer packages like that are a scam. I think it depends on what you think of YOUR dealer, if he’d stand behind the service, etc.. I would never buy an extended vehicle warranty, because they have exclusions and loop holes for everything! On my Mustang (back in the day) I had a problem with the housing on my emergency brake while it was still under warranty and they claimed it was a wear and tear part. The HOUSING, not the pad. :facepalm:

Again, if you think your dealer would do a competent job there’s no reason NOT to use him. I don’t think most dealers are tint experts, like the places that do it all day, every day. We’ve always had our tint done by a tint shop and never been disappointed.

I’ve never heard of ceramic window tint, but I just googled and there are a ton of links. I’d check some of them out and see what you think.

Tint being too dark can DEFINITELY cause regret. If the tint is too dark it can really cause problems driving at night. Mustang again, tint was so dark I had to roll down the windows at night to be able to turn out into traffic or change lanes.

When you say step plate, did you mean sill guard? I’ve never had them on my jeep, but I know I had a friend who installed his and the double stick tape didn’t stick well and when he tried to remove what was left on the sill, it tore up his paint. These were the Mopar sill guards, too.

In my 2014 the rear mat in the JKU could be flipped over and the underside was all rubber and worked great. Never invested in anything else.

Congratulations on your new Jeep! :handsinair:

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a big fan of Pinnacle Ceramic tint. It's not cheap. Don't do a $200 tint job on a $55k Jeep, especially in Florida. You'll likely regret it in 3-4 years and wish you'd spent the $500+. The metal/carbon tints block a lot more sun. Some of them can look brown though, look at it before you buy it.

I doubt the dealer has Pinnacle/3m Color Stable/Huper but I could be wrong.

Congrats! Looks like my JLUR.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Use a no (GRIT Wax the front end/Grill with paste wax being I am in TX I use a High temp Wax very awesome. Again I wax the front end/Grill the fenders and the top of the trim on the front window. I do this once every 3 month takes about 15m. It pays off in the long run we have bugs of the worst kind here. Window tint is a must have.

I also Wax my Head Lights on the Rubicon due to they are plastic and bug juice will scar them again my choice.

Plus the first thing I did was purchase a High Quality Leather, Conditioner Protection and seal the leather seats. I have never had a vehicle leather seat crack. again I do this once a month 10m to keep the leather clean & Conditioned.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
HI. Finally she has arrived. Picked up our Rubicon late Friday night. Very exciting. Have a few questions, concerns.
1. We bought extra warranty for protection against bugs, love bugs are horrible in Florida. And interior & electronic protection.
Concern is- They want to spray a coating on the front hood. And I think spray something on the black leather... I was thinking in my mind... WTF... You mess up and I'm coming back to have it corrected. Is this okay to do? I have not seen any yellowing in paint as some have mentioned. TRUST ME.. I'm looking for anything unusual. OCD about the ENTIRE Jeep.
The only people that respect one's vehicle 100% Is You.. the Owner. True..
2. Window Tint. Does it make a difference if the dealer does it, or if we have another company do it.
3. Anyone hear of a Ceramic tint?
Any regrets on tint being too dark. Don't want super dark.
4. Step Plate- I'd like to order a Logo to protect the paint. Have any of you ordered anything. With a Wrangler or Rubicon...
Trunk mat. Weathertek?
Thank you. I will post pics once I get some free time. LOVE My New Rubicon.
Most dealers don’t do tint in-house unless they are are a dealer for a specific tint brand.

We just bought my wife a grand Cherokee and negotiated tint as part of the deal, they sent it out to get tinted before we picked it up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ckorte13

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
I'm a big fan of Pinnacle Ceramic tint. It's not cheap. Don't do a $200 tint job on a $55k Jeep, especially in Florida. You'll likely regret it in 3-4 years and wish you'd spent the $500+. The metal/carbon tints block a lot more sun. Some of them can look brown though, look at it before you buy it.

I doubt the dealer has Pinnacle/3m Color Stable/Huper but I could be wrong.

Congrats! Looks like my JLUR.
We did the ceramic. It's perfect too! The entire windshield, and rest of jeep. Gave it extra sun protection.. Thank you for the tip. We had a guy come to our house. Does it professionally for another dealership.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I actually just went with Huper Optik and absolutely love it. Was not a cheap job though, about $1k. I decided to pick the best place to get it done I've had bad paint jobs/etc before. It's definitely not a black, maybe like a polarized sunglass color. I think it looks good. The heat insulation is incredible.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Do some research spending over $200 for a Tint job is to much.
Sponsored