BODIDDLY

First Name
BO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JEEP WRANGLER SARAHA UNLIMITED
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my new Wrangler Sahara Unlimited that I ordered. Got the snazzberry pearl with the power roof and every other add on available. Since I'm just about to reach my 77th birthday, I gave myself a present. Really like the vehicle and so does my wife. One minor thing....it seems to wander somewhat. I need to constantly correct the steering. Not like my 2019 Ram truck that I traded in. Salesman said this is normal for the Wranglers....but then he's a salesman. Any ideas?
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

One minor thing....it seems to wander somewhat. I need to constantly correct the steering. Not like my 2019 Ram truck that I traded in. Salesman said this is normal for the Wranglers....but then he's a salesman. Any ideas?
Check your tire pressure. New vehicles always have overfilled tires.

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
It’s a Jeep, it’s supposed to do that.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Check your tire pressure. New vehicles always have overfilled tires.
This! When I first picked up my 2021 and jumped on the highway. I scared the shit out of myself because the tires where overfilled; into the mid to upper 40’s. It would wander all over and bounce so bad it would set the traction off and cut the cruise. Being a new vehicle on the highway, this was ver unsettling. Dropped the air down to 32 all around and it’s great ever since.

Sponsored

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
As soon as I got my Sahara home, I put on aftermarket 17" wheels and 33" tires. Within the first thousand miles, the steering wheel started to go un-straight. After re-adjusting the steering wheel, straightening it, and adjusting the toe-in, it drives just fine - as well as could be expected for a Wrangler on the street, maybe. ;):)

I was a bit leery of finally buying an FCA product after a lifetime of Japanese cars, but this forum helps a lot in figuring out how to fix things. Welcome!

o||4xe||o

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe
Picked up my new Wrangler Sahara Unlimited that I ordered. Got the snazzberry pearl with the power roof and every other add on available. Since I'm just about to reach my 77th birthday, I gave myself a present. Really like the vehicle and so does my wife. One minor thing....it seems to wander somewhat. I need to constantly correct the steering. Not like my 2019 Ram truck that I traded in. Salesman said this is normal for the Wranglers....but then he's a salesman. Any ideas?
Jeep steering issues aside, the Ram 1500 is not a fair comparison - at least not the 2019 Ram Longhorn! ;)

I really loved that truck and it was an amazing ride. I believe it beat out Lexus and Mercedes for luxury and ride in 2020. My wife and I are awaiting delivery of a hard top Sahara 4xe equipped with most of the options (except Advanced Safety), so will be adjusting to a new definition of comfort! :)

I hope your steering is just an adapting issue and not a mechanical issue.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
Jeep steering issues aside, the Ram 1500 is not a fair comparison - at least not the 2019 Ram Longhorn! ;)

I really loved that truck and it was an amazing ride. I believe it beat out Lexus and Mercedes for luxury and ride in 2020. My wife and I are awaiting delivery of a hard top Sahara 4xe equipped with most of the options (except Advanced Safety), so will be adjusting to a new definition of comfort! :)

I hope your steering is just an adapting issue and not a mechanical issue.

10-1 says it's a 44lbs of pressure per tire issue

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR

Sponsored

mountaintop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
This! When I first picked up my 2021 and jumped on the highway. I scared the shit out of myself because the tires where overfilled; into the mid to upper 40’s. It would wander all over and bounce so bad it would set the traction off and cut the cruise. Being a new vehicle on the highway, this was ver unsettling. Dropped the air down to 32 all around and it’s great ever since.
Same thing here. Picked up my 2021, went right on the highway. it started raining buckets with heavy winds. I was all over the road and it was pretty scary - a miserable ride - not what you want after you picked up your brand new Jeep. Realized the tire pressure was at 42. Next time I drove I lowered it to 36/37 and the difference is HUGE.

Aesikidesi

First Name
Rubin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUA / RUFICON
Occupation
Data Analyst / IT Data Recovery
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure the steering box it steel and not aluminum. They had a TSB on it a year back. They said the new ones would have the steel one but you never know.

Mtrctylarry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Congrats on your 77th birthday. Correct tire pressure will definitely help…but really, mostly just inherent to this type of steering/suspension architecture. Give it a little time and you’ll get used to it.
Happy trails to you!