Sponsored

Took a friend to Broken Arrow - Her first offroad adventure in her Jeep.

Beancooker

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
General Manager
So I work with a woman whose daughter we hired a while back. She’s a really good kid, works harder than most people I know. She’s rocking straight A’s in high school. She saved and bought a Wrangler Rubicon. Her mom didn’t want her going off road without someone making sure she would be okay.
So this girls father is dying. Long and short, he has kidney failure and his heart is in bad shape so no transplant. He isn’t able to go out and teach her how to use her Jeep.
My wife and I loaded up and met up with her and her mom. She’s a damn good driver for being 16 (16 and 8 months if you ask her). I had planned out a much easier trail and she said it looked boring. She said she wanted a trail that would require more than a two wheel drive, and wanted a challenge. Being that she follows directions at work, I assumed she will do the same outside of work. She does. She followed direction when I was spotting and she did great. A little more brake control and learning that speed equals scraping...

Anyways, what an awesome day. Not just did I do something I enjoy, but I feel that I did something good for someone else. It was an amazing day with some awesome friends.

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
What a cool thing to do, especially for a girl going through losing her dad. She sounds like a good kid. I’m sure the day meant a lot to her.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
That’s so awesome!!! So glad she and her mom got to experience this and share it with her dad.

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Very cool, beautiful day, thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Beancooker

Beancooker

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
General Manager
That’s so awesome!!! So glad she and her mom got to experience this and share it with her dad.
That’s what made the video part so worthwhile. She can share that with her dad. She was so proud of her driving. I was too. She did great. It was just an awesome day all around!

Sponsored

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
So I work with a woman whose daughter we hired a while back. She’s a really good kid, works harder than most people I know. She’s rocking straight A’s in high school. She saved and bought a Wrangler Rubicon. Her mom didn’t want her going off road without someone making sure she would be okay.
So this girls father is dying. Long and short, he has kidney failure and his heart is in bad shape so no transplant. He isn’t able to go out and teach her how to use her Jeep.
My wife and I loaded up and met up with her and her mom. She’s a damn good driver for being 16 (16 and 8 months if you ask her). I had planned out a much easier trail and she said it looked boring. She said she wanted a trail that would require more than a two wheel drive, and wanted a challenge. Being that she follows directions at work, I assumed she will do the same outside of work. She does. She followed direction when I was spotting and she did great. A little more brake control and learning that speed equals scraping...

Anyways, what an awesome day. Not just did I do something I enjoy, but I feel that I did something good for someone else. It was an amazing day with some awesome friends.

That sure brought back memories. 20 years ago and 20 lbs ago

125488696_10219189073182557_5218137418765379073_n.jpg

21Rubi

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 3.6 Auto, 315's, 2.5 MC Lift
Occupation
Retired
Great day for them and you, Awesome :like: