Too much tire for Sahara?

lakeside

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
I am wanting to put 305/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers (34") and Rockstar RS3 17x9 wheels on my lifted JLU Sahara. The total package weighs a little over 100# each. Is this too much for the 3.45 axle ratio?
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I am running 315/70R17 KO2’s with Method MR312’s and have had no issues

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The Jeep will handle it OK, but you will definitely feel the change. The power will be sucked out of the driveline and you'll have to stand on the brake pedal harder in panic stops. My combo weighs 85 lbs. each and it was a big difference.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
The Jeep will handle it OK, but you will definitely feel the change. The power will be sucked out of the driveline and you'll have to stand on the brake pedal harder in panic stops. My combo weighs 85 lbs. each and it was a big difference.
@WXman is correct you will feel the power drop and will lose some of that pep, also MPG’s will drop, also consider having your speedo calibrated by whatever means you choose, the shift points on the tranny if it’s an AT will relearn the shift points but don’t expect to see 8th gear much.

For me the gain was worth the loss and I don’t plan on any regearing as I would never recoupe the investment

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
The aftermarket is loving you guys.

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
on my Sahara I recently put on 35's (KO-2) with 18x9 XD's I did not feel any loss of power, if anything the ride improved, Speedo is off by 5 at 60-mph, I convinced the dealer to calibrate at no cost. ALso has a 2" lift

Jeep%201_zpszkipkncq.jpg

GoVols254

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler (Soon)
on my Sahara I recently put on 35's (KO-2) with 18x9 XD's I did not feel any loss of power, if anything the ride improved, Speedo is off by 5 at 60-mph, I convinced the dealer to calibrate at no cost. ALso has a 2" lift

Jeep%201_zpszkipkncq.jpg
Looks nice. What loft kit did you use?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I do not recall, Again I read that many of the Jeeps in the region used Les Schwab, So I contacted them, they seem to do a lot of lifts on Jeeps, and for $425 with alignment, I could not pass it up. I ws going to order a kit from Quadratech however considering the 4-6 hours it would have taken me this was the best option. Call Schwab and ask what they use. This was just a spacer kit (like the one that typically sell for about $200.
Sponsored