Sponsored

Too Many Windshield Replacements?

Maximum number of windshield repairs/replacements you have had in a year?

• Total voters

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
So far so good for me, but I always get really nervous when I see this:

30LooseGravel.jpg
Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I wonder why they sent an invite to buy Gorilla glass windshields to JL owners. Their database of customers has the VIN numbers and they should be able to sort their email blast to JK owners, not to all Wrangler owners.

OP
OP

ArchAngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I requested a copy of my CLUE report. All the glass claims are there reported as “comprehensive” with a note: “Damage.” My next step is to call another insurance company for a quote to see if they affect the premiums. I’m trying to determine whether or not to continue making claims when I need a new windshield or pay out of pocket.

ArthurMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Had my first Jeep (2013 JK sport) for a year and a half, no shots to the windshield, no damage. Traded to a 2015 JKUR. Less than a week into ownership, I took a shot to the windshield resulting in a star that I neglected, resulting in a crack all the way across about 3 inches from the bottom. Didn't interfere with my vision, so drove it that way until I traded it. Driving yesterday in the new JLU (haven't even put the tag on the thing or made my first payment), heard a rock impact, but didn't see a spot. Thought I had gotten lucky, but before I got home, I had a 10 inch crack. Checked and the rock had hit about 1 inch from the bottom, in the black tinted area under the wiper, so I couldn't see it from the inside... :swear:
Sponsored