Too Funny... Jeep driver waves at our Bronco

Skrumpcious

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mirage
I went on a trip with my parents earlier this year to the PNW and we rented a wrangler. When my mom was driving the wrangler she was confused why other wranglers we're waving at her until I explained it to her. She was then super excited about the wave every time and waved at every jeep that passed by.

Recently I was talking to her on the phone and she asked me why wranglers were no longer waving at her when she waves at them on the road. She doesn't own a wrangler or any sort of jeep and I thought it was the cutest that she still wanted a wave back. I think she might have waved at a few broncos and gladiators on that trip as well šŸ˜

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I wave at them. Why?

The Bronco forced FCA to get off their a$$e$ and incorporate some things that should have been there all along.

It took competition from the Bronco to make that happen.

Thanks Ford.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Around here, you see more Broncos sitting for sale on non-Ford dealer lots, than on the streets.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

But, but, butā€¦ I thought we were waving at fellow solid axles? :rock:

Sponsored

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
When I come upon another 4x4 vehicle out on a trail I always wave. On the highway, pretty much never, unless I know the person.

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Iā€™ll wave at a Bronco no problem just like I do Gladiators. Seriously, the only Jeeps I donā€™t wave at are any type of angry grill.
I feel like waving at a gladiator is always forgivable since it takes a pretty trained eye to tell the different between a JT and JL from the front. I wave even when I do catch it. They're close enough.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I feel like waving at a gladiator is always forgivable since it takes a pretty trained eye to tell the different between a JT and JL from the front. I wave even when I do catch it. They're close enough.
First Jeep wave I received was from a Gladiator. šŸ‘

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
When I come upon another 4x4 vehicle out on a trail I always wave. On the highway, pretty much never, unless I know the person.
Likewise. Iā€™ll wave at a Chevy on a dirt road more often than a Jeep on the highway. My response is inversely proportional to population density.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I will wave at a Bronco if it looks like it's done up right for wheeling, it's dirty, or the driver is enthusiastic about my rig first. I've come across all three scenarios pretty often so far - it's sort of a "okay, yeah, you went there and have a big brick of an off road rig - nice" wave to me. A united front of 14MPG and being blown all over the road by crosswind, and going to work on Monday with your interior covered in trail dust.

I don't typically wave at mall crawlers on 20s+, beat up stock JKs that have never seen dirt, angry grills, etc. Typically the waves don't come from those types anyways.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Waved at two Broncos the other day just because. The guy driving the 4-door waved back. The gal driving the 2-door Sasquatch didn't seem to notice.

But I thought that we were really just waving goodbye to our wallets all this time. šŸ¤”
Sponsored