Sponsored

Tonneau cover, hard top and tailgate bar?

Hobo

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Question for the community: I have only a hard top, and the weather has been good enough lately so that I'm going on my 3rd week without having to put it back on (awesome! Everything is better with your top off!). I purchased this Rampage Tonneau cover (https://www.rampageproducts.com/rampage-741035-tonneau-cover) without realizing that it required a "Tailgate Bar". Since I only have a hard top, I don't have a tailgate bar. Does anyone know the precise part I would need, what it takes to install it (drilling?), and most importantly, if I install a tailgate bar so that my tonneau cover fits properly, can I put the hard top back on over the tailgate bar? Any info or thoughts would be appreciated...

Jeep Wrangler JL Tonneau cover, hard top and tailgate bar? Rampage Tonneau
Sponsored

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You would need the clips and bar from a factory soft Top. They can be bought separate from the top at Quadratec. A guy on here used a JK bar and JL clips to save some money and said it works. It doesn’t bother me enough to spend the money to buy a bar yet. Either way you would need to remove the bar and clips when you put the hardtop on. No drilling required though.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase