2021 JLUR 2.0

Lapis

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
I've looked online and haven't found any discussion on the state of his differential fluids.
did he change them promptly?
Did they get any water in the gear oil?
This would be good info for a site like TFL to provide.
Here's a thread of a JL that was completely submerged in water for 90 minutes. When opened up, they found water in the front diff and transmission (both have breather tubes attached to the valve covers in the engine bay) but none in the rear diff or transfer case (these have shorter breathers with one-way valves on the end.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2019-rubicon-jlu-flood-restoration-project.83289/

jg1986

First Name
jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Looks like TFL will be giving us some fun Jeep videos for a while.

It is one thing to review a Jeep. It is another thing to own one.

All fun and games until rocker arms fail, head gaskets need to be replaced....ROTFL

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Tommy at TFL drove his stock Willy's in water up to the door lip, and briefly up to the hinge.
There's a video titled, "Too Deep," where you can watch him. He was by himself, did a quick run in Moab, and there was a lake in a place he wasn't expecting on a one way trail. Very instructive with the potential to have left him stranded.

I've looked online and haven't found any discussion on the state of his differential fluids.
did he change them promptly?
Did they get any water in the gear oil?
This would be good info for a site like TFL to provide.
Tommy sold his Willys months ago. And yes, he made a video about that, too.

Saw on my feed that TFL recently got an old TJ to build up. This is like the fourth Wrangler they get. Each one is the best thing since sliced bread, until one day it isn’t any more.

It is a revolving door. I stopped watching. Can’t be bothered.

OP
OP

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
All fun and games until rocker arms fail, head gaskets need to be replaced....ROTFL
To be fair, it is a mixed bag. Some people have no problems and some people have nothing but problems. The quality of the vehicles varies from one unit to the next.

I am seeing fewer complaints on the forum these days. The steering issues seem to have been cleared up. Some issues like the failure of the locker position sensors and the destruction of the clutches in the limited slip differential remain.
Sponsored