Not open for further replies.

AMT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Nice guy in person. Total toxic clown in forum and YouTube comments.
I'm assuming this is the "LifeOWay" guy and associated forum? I never understood the animosity. However, I've probably only spent 1/10 of 1% on those forums compared to this one, so there's that. JLWFs is definitely superior

I will reiterate the YouTube stuff I have seen of theirs is absolutely newb friendly and do like/learn a lot from the videos. But I suppose that's easy to do when you're knowledge base on the subject matter is low and just looking to learn.

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
If he is now into Bronco's(heard he is) C'est la vie. Personally to me, he seemed too much a weenie for a JEEP anyway. A Bronco or something else less, just seems a better fit for him.

Wow, am I glad someone is looking out for the man's man world of Jeep ownership! Please post your list of the criteria for us, so we can evaluate ourselves against the "weenie" list. I can't wait to see if I qualify or if I have to sell my Jeep. Also, can you please provide lists for what modifications we are allowed to do and where we are allowed to drive our Jeeps, or at least the minimum hours a week we have to off-road, to be a non-weenie and be allowed to keep our Jeeps.

To the OP, I don't know why some YouTube personality sells their Jeep, but frankly, this is where I agree with sourdough's second post, "...I don't care what he does really."

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm assuming this is the "LifeOWay" guy and associated forum? I never understood the animosity. However, I've probably only spent 1/10 of 1% on those forums compared to this one, so there's that. JLWFs is definitely superior

I will reiterate the YouTube stuff I have seen of theirs is absolutely newb friendly and do like/learn a lot from the videos. But I suppose that's easy to do when you're knowledge base on the subject matter is low and just looking to learn.
A lot of his content is good and like I said, E&C are super nice people in person. I can even look past the annoying slamming of parts on his metal work bench in each video. The unfortunate thing is how toxic he and his minions are to those not in their circle in their forum and social media comments. The thing that put me over the edge though was the video about him bragging about his stimulus check (economic impact payment). To qualify for that check means that you have to report less than $150K a year in household earning on your taxes. I find it hard to believe that he makes less than $150K a year but give him the benefit of the doubt. During the pandemic many influencers were using their fame and fortune to help others in need during a difficult time. The check he received (which we all pay for in our taxes) was just flaunted in his video.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tommy from TFL sold his Jeep 1670516820913

Jeep Wrangler JL Tommy from TFL sold his Jeep 1670516894584

Last edited:

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Bummer, I liked his videos with it, especially since most of youtube is more focused on mega-upgraded jeeps on extreme trails. I like watching a regular jeep do moderate stuff while I'm stuck at work day-dreaming of my next adventure.

Sponsored

JLUHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUHT (JLHT?) '19 F-150 5.0 '03 Envoy XL
Occupation
RE20 microphones
I hear after so many times stalling the manual, Jeep comes and takes it back :LOL: (apologies in advance for joke)

I'm a huge fan of all of their channels. They had a big impact in my selection of a 5.0 in my truck.

Bummer, I liked his videos with it, especially since most of youtube is more focused on mega-upgraded jeeps on extreme trails. I like watching a regular jeep do moderate stuff while I'm stuck at work day-dreaming of my next adventure.
Agreed, I liked watching him take on things in that stock Willys as an almost reference point. Tommy's Demise is no joke.

Yankee1019

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 2023 JLU Reign Willys
In the below video it is mentioned several times that Tommy sold his Jeep Willy. TFL and Tommy are generally very pro Jeep Wrangler. So why would Tommy sell it if he was so happy with it. He has done several positive reviews of the Wrangler (his and others) on you tube.

I thought he only had a Sport and not a Willys?

Edit: checked the YT channel. I am corrected.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Wow, am I glad someone is looking out for the man's man world of Jeep ownership! Please post your list of the criteria for us, so we can evaluate ourselves against the "weenie" list. I can't wait to see if I qualify or if I have to sell my Jeep. Also, can you please provide lists for what modifications we are allowed to do and where we are allowed to drive our Jeeps, or at least the minimum hours a week we have to off-road, to be a non-weenie and be allowed to keep our Jeeps.
I don't know anything about you other than my personal opinion of Tommy has rattled you to the point of seeking validation from, me:whatsgoingon: Sorry

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Who cares sums it up pretty good. He must have his reasons, wether it's proper justification for us or not.

Maybe his new girlfriend hates manual, he grew out of a useless 2 doors because his girlfriend is pregnant and I'm sure as heck one of the ones that know the PIA a two door can be climbing in the backseat with my baby hanging on like a chimp to get installed in the child seat. Unfortunately, 4 doors didn't exist 20 years ago. But our other vehicle was an Xterra back then so we had an alternative.

At the end of the day, we shouldn't care what he does nor should he give a frig what we think. It's not like he installed an angry or something like that.

Sponsored

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Sorry I have nothing to add aside from that song.... "Eight six seven five, three oh, niyeeeine" Get it? Tommy two Tone? The title Tommy..... Anyway, I'm going back to the garage to clean out the cabinets!

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
Mike, the above both makes sense to me and, well, doesn't.

It makes sense because Tommy's choices, along with yours and mine are 3 independent things. We could all own or not own Wranglers, and love/hate the brand for different reasons. So Tommy's choices, much like those of the Kardashians, may simply not apply to us.

But it differs because Tommy and TFL know boatloads about Jeeps, and Tommy's selling one could mean something or nothing as it relates to the vehcle itself in a way that could (or could not) impact us.

The Kardashians, I am sure would be the first to admit, couldn't be called into court as expert witnesses on Christmas cookies. Tommy might just be allowed that in court status as it relates to Jeeps. The man does know his stuff.
Ahh yes, the ol' schrodingers Tommy's Jeep

newbie5150

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR in Silver Zenith. Engine 3.6 Etorque.
I liked the bake offs they did with the Jeep vs other contenders on trails. Fun to see Tommy’s enthusiasm with his Willy’s, he really loved the Willys value prop. Fwiw, their trail videos were loads more interesting than their current silliness on their property with obstacles like “Nathan’s crack”. Snooze fest imho.

To continue with the Kardashian theme. Kardashian Tommy will have fallen victim to a substance abuse problem, bought a gladiator diesel and immediately demon swapped the engine, is out doing videos with the pony-tailed guy who shall not be named. Trail Recon Brad later alludes to it in careful tones…a cautionary tale of what can go wrong. (Sips his coffee, glares at his wife for having Morgan Wallen on the radio AGAIN.)
Honest question: Do people on here not like the pony tail guy? Or Trail Recon Brad? I like Brad but his wife is terrible.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.