Toledo Jeep Wrangler Plant Assembly Tour

Jeep Momma

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I was asked to post my pictures from a tour I was on this summer at the Toledo Plant on the JK Assembly line. I wasn't allowed to take pics or video inside. Outside I could. All of these pictures I posted on my social media sites. Since I was asked I will post them here.

I did however get in one picture of a Jeep before I was told no pictures inside. :D

IMG_2271.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Momma

Jeep Momma

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A shot of the driving course / testing garage (not really sure of the name).
Plus some shots of the JK's on the lot waiting to get shipped out. That Recon looks sweet, the sticker anyways.
I only had an hour and half to see everything and it went by pretty quickly. My husband had my kids in the car waiting for me as only adults are allowed in the plant. We were heading back home from vacation and were driving thru Toledo.

driving course.jpg

IMG_2288.JPG

IMG_2289.JPG

IMG_2291.JPG

jeepselfie.jpg

IMG_2272.JPG

OP
OP
Jeep Momma

Jeep Momma

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That picture of me by the Jeep letters, that covered Jeep is a JL or so I'm told. I'm surprised no one has tried to get in to uncover it.

OP
OP
Jeep Momma

Jeep Momma

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh and here's my pretty sucky video I took. Just fire me as a videographer. And to think that's what I used to do before I was a stay at home mom.

In my defense I was a little overly excited to see it and worried I would get in trouble for recording it. I'm not big on breaking the rules.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Momma

Jeep Momma

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was so excited to see it I didn't want to miss out on seeing it with my own eyes and not thru the tiny phone screen.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Sweet!

Woulda loved to have gona again this summer and actually seen a JL test mule and the new production line being built.

I've been 3 times before, including a 3/4 day private solo tour (which included Kuka and Mobis), during which we discussed Jeep's possible plans for a 'Wrangler Experience Park' having visitors tour the plant, and the drive on their old off-road test loop across the street. Unfortunately those plans never came to fruition.

We even talked about how BMW lets you visit your car being built in Germany, you can drive it around during your vacation, then when your trip is over, they pack it back up and send it to your local dealership, or how GM will let you symbolically 'build' your new Corvette by allowing owners to tighten a few engine mounting bolts of your 'Vette on the line and pick it up and drive off at the end.

I mentioned how Jeep owners are similarly passionate, and would love to just be able to watch their Wrangler be built and pick it up from the factory. Had that 'Jeep/Wrangler Experience' idea of theirs become reality, I think that 'pick-up' feature woulda been the clincher for a lot of people to make a trip to Toledo to pick up their Wrangler right off the factory floor.

I still think they should do this, I'd definitely pay a premium for that experience, and with all the tourist bucks Toledo & Ohio could help finance.

Here's a pic of my dearly-departed Rubi Doozer on the lot.. well on the rock garden, at the Toledo South Plant from my second to last trip.

IMG_0813.JPG

OP
OP
Jeep Momma

Jeep Momma

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet!

Woulda loved to have gona again this summer and actually seen a JL test mule and the new production line being built.

I've been 3 times before, including a 3/4 day private solo tour (which included Kuka and Mobis), during which we discussed Jeep's possible plans for a 'Wrangler Experience Park' having visitors tour the plant, and the drive on their old off-road test loop across the street. Unfortunately those plans never came to fruition.

We even talked about how BMW lets you visit your car being built in Germany, you can drive it around during your vacation, then when your trip is over, they pack it back up and send it to your local dealership, or how GM will let you symbolically 'build' your new Corvette by allowing owners to tighten a few engine mounting bolts of your 'Vette on the line and pick it up and drive off at the end.

I mentioned how Jeep owners are similarly passionate, and would love to just be able to watch their Wrangler be built and pick it up from the factory. Had that 'Jeep/Wrangler Experience' idea of theirs become reality, I think that 'pick-up' feature woulda been the clincher for a lot of people to make a trip to Toledo to pick up their Wrangler right off the factory floor.

I still think they should do this, I'd definitely pay a premium for that experience, and with all the tourist bucks Toledo & Ohio could help finance.

Here's a pic of my dearly-departed Rubi Doozer on the lot.. well on the rock garden, at the Toledo South Plant from my second to last trip.

IMG_0813.JPG
I would love to have seen Kuka and Mobis. I didn't have time! We were just passing thru Toledo. But I plan on heading back.

The Wrangler Experience is a great idea!!! There is a you tube video of a Toledo TV documenting their Cherokee, I believe it was a Cherokee, as it came down the line.

Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Here are the pics of the JL while it was heading into the indoor testing garage.

IMG_2353.JPG

IMG_2354.JPG

IMG_2355.JPG

IMG_2356.JPG

IMG_2357.JPG
Thanks for the pics!

Btw... Love the Jeep Talk Show. I listen to an episode (via YouTube) each day during my evening commute. Makes my 60 minute drive pass more quickly.

OP
OP
Jeep Momma

Jeep Momma

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the pics!

Btw... Love the Jeep Talk Show. I listen to an episode (via YouTube) each day during my evening commute. Makes my 60 minute drive pass more quickly.
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy it and I can spend your commute with you :)

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited
Occupation
Producer
Sweet!

IMG_0813.JPG
Why is there a German flag?

My wife got some business stuff to do in Chicago at the end of the year. I will use this opportunity to visit the US again. And I'm seriously considering a visit in Toledo.
Is there an official way to visit the plant and get a tour? I found nothing on the fca website and the german Jeep service is clueless as ever.

OP
OP
Jeep Momma

Jeep Momma

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why is there a German flag?

My wife got some business stuff to do in Chicago at the end of the year. I will use this opportunity to visit the US again. And I'm seriously considering a visit in Toledo.
Is there an official way to visit the plant and get a tour? I found nothing on the fca website and the german Jeep service is clueless as ever.
There are no public tours of the plant. I just happen to know someone who works there. We had permission of the plant manager to see the JK assembly line. To get to the JK Assembly line we had to walk past the "new" JL line and there happened to be a JL there. Which I talked about on my blog shortly after the tour. Also when we were outside the plant I took pictures of JK's and a wrapped JL with permission and posted those. My pictures were posted on my social media site and blog for several weeks and no one had an issue with it. Then "secret" in the plant photo of the JL was leaked. It was assumed it was me. There was no proof it was me. AND IT WASN'T ME!!! But since then word came down from the top NO more private tours in the plant.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
My Dad is one of the team leads on the JL/JT project there. He's been there 37 years. The tour is fun and it's interesting to see. The plant is much cleaner than when it was on Willys. Sergio did not like how dirty the plant was and immediately changed it.
Sponsored