Sponsored

Today was the day - took possession of my new 4XE!! :)

OP
OP
seannaz

seannaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JKUR 4XE, Cyber Truck (on order...)
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting, I was thinking if you take a long trip on the highway as part of a daily commute could you recharge the battery.
I’ll try to pay more attention and time it next time I’m driving. Don’t know if it relays in the regen braking to charge or if it pulls from the transmission or something without breaking.
Sponsored

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Congratulations on your new Wrangler, Sean. Was at my local dealer Wednesday (they have next to zero new Wranglers on the lot) so I drove around back where the service building is located and saw this new white Rubicon JLU, as I passed I noticed the blue tow hooks on the front bumper and immediately spun back around. Sure enough, a 4XE. Had not seen one in the wild yet.

I'm not a big electric or hybrid fan, but your experience with it so far makes it sound very appealing. Will follow this thread and see how it goes. Thanks for sharing with us.

Best,
-Tim

OP
OP
seannaz

seannaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JKUR 4XE, Cyber Truck (on order...)
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations on your new Wrangler, Sean. Was at my local dealer Wednesday (they have next to zero new Wranglers on the lot) so I drove around back where the service building is located and saw this new white Rubicon JLU, as I passed I noticed the blue tow hooks on the front bumper and immediately spun back around. Sure enough, a 4XE. Had not seen one in the wild yet.

I'm not a big electric or hybrid fan, but your experience with it so far makes it sound very appealing. Will follow this thread and see how it goes. Thanks for sharing with us.

Best,
-Tim
I will tell you my previous vehicle, Tesla Model S, was the best car I’ve ever owned hands down. Power like you can’t describe. Obviously this is like comparing apples and pop up campers, so I won’t try to compare, but I’m optimistic on the 4XE. Pretty sure any frustration I have around the very limited electric range is self inflicted in that I don’t have a charger at my condo. I could pull that off with my Tesla where I’d get almost 300 miles on a charge. Not so much with 25... again, my prob not the Jeeps.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Don’t people drive Tesla vehicles in Houston? They are everywhere in Austin. Perhaps you focus your attention to things around you. People are driving Toyota Prius cars in freezing Colorado too. Go figure.
I am not a part of Tesla, and Prius sites. I didnt even know the Hybrid Prius plugged in. No interest at all, to even know about them. As for Tesla, there are tons around my area, and usually Tesla owners have their own charging stations at their homes. The Teslas in my area are usually reserved for the Soccer Moms, and usually the SUV version. Focus my attention?? Is this acceptable enough for you??

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I have had a 2021 Pacifica Hybrid since Jan and charge times are very similar I believe with 4xe.

On Level 1 charger (standard 15amp wall socket): About 12 hours 45 minutes from 1% to full charge.
On Level 2 charger: About 1 hour 45 minutes from 1% to full charge. It seems like it goes from 1% to 75% in about an hour then slows down the last 30-45 mins.

We do a lot of 15-30 mile round trip drives and since installing the Level 2 we are seeing 1500 miles between gas fillups and I think we can get 1700 miles+ on one tank of gas now since the batteries keep their charge better in the spring/summer.
Thank you. This is what I was looking for.

Sponsored

Mcwilldo

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
Got my stingray Sahara on Wednesday, just broke 100 miles. The biggest driving impression I have had, is it doesn’t “feel fast”. However when you look in the rear view mirror the other cars are quickly getting small! It so smoothly adds power, as opposed to how a gas engine hits its power band, it just goes...no drama!