Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Black Rhino Overland on mine to keep with the theme. They actually just merged with another company and I don't remember who it is.
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Thanks for sharing this OP - I was worried the Mopar 2” would be too much with 37s but you have me feeling better about it - your setup looks great!

OP
OP
seannaz

seannaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JKUR 4XE, Cyber Truck (on order...)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for sharing this OP - I was worried the Mopar 2” would be too much with 37s but you have me feeling better about it - your setup looks great!
Thanks!! Pretty darn happy with it so far.

OP
OP
seannaz

seannaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Day 1: Reactions...

Stop light to stop light
- it’s definitely slower than with the stock setup. That said, so long as there is batter available, it still kinda quick for a Jeep. My other frame of reference was my 2015 Willys with 3.73s on KO2 35’s. It feels faster than that setup. Battery was depleted while i was out an about today. After the batter was depleted, it feels heavy overall, but serviceable. I got on it a little coming off a light and was still pulling away from traffic.

Highway - I drove probably 25 miles on the highway. I have to say, these Ridge Grapplers might be a smoother ride than my old KO2’s. Everything tracked super straight, very very smooth and comfortable. I should note I aired down from the 42lbs as it left the shop, down to about 32lbs. Super happy with the highway performance.

Off-road - well, I haven’t been off-road so not really sure. I will say while mall crawling it sure eats up those speed bumps. One thing to note - there is pretty good dip on one of the roads I drive on coming home. Think a water drainage type thing that people would crash the front of their regular height car on is they go faster than like 5mphs on. I passed over that going faster - I don’t fly over it, but also am generally fine going 15-20mph over it. There is not a little bit of a clanking noise that wasn’t there before. Not had time to get under and feel if anything is loose (which I doubt would be the case). Wondering if its the 3/4” spacer or something smacking and making noise. Anyways - will keep my ears tuned to that.

Will share more as time passes. For now, so happy with all of it - lift selection, wheel selection, and really impressed with the tires thus far.

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Day 1: Reactions...

Stop light to stop light
- it’s definitely slower than with the stock setup. That said, so long as there is batter available, it still kinda quick for a Jeep. My other frame of reference was my 2015 Willys with 3.73s on KO2 35’s. It feels faster than that setup. Battery was depleted while i was out an about today. After the batter was depleted, it feels heavy overall, but serviceable. I got on it a little coming off a light and was still pulling away from traffic.

Highway - I drove probably 25 miles on the highway. I have to say, these Ridge Grapplers might be a smoother ride than my old KO2’s. Everything tracked super straight, very very smooth and comfortable. I should note I aired down from the 42lbs as it left the shop, down to about 32lbs. Super happy with the highway performance.

Off-road - well, I haven’t been off-road so not really sure. I will say while mall crawling it sure eats up those speed bumps. One thing to note - there is pretty good dip on one of the roads I drive on coming home. Think a water drainage type thing that people would crash the front of their regular height car on is they go faster than like 5mphs on. I passed over that going faster - I don’t fly over it, but also am generally fine going 15-20mph over it. There is not a little bit of a clanking noise that wasn’t there before. Not had time to get under and feel if anything is loose (which I doubt would be the case). Wondering if its the 3/4” spacer or something smacking and making noise. Anyways - will keep my ears tuned to that.

Will share more as time passes. For now, so happy with all of it - lift selection, wheel selection, and really impressed with the tires thus far.
Quick note, I'm running the same tires on my '18 2.0 and 32 is going to be high for those tires still.

Ultimately, you probably want to do a "chalk test" to see the ideal PSI - the 4xe is a bit heavier so the PSI might go up a tad, but ~25 was a decent PSI for me with my non-4xe. I'm guessing maybe ~27 or ~28 in the 4xe?

Getting the PSI right will of course give you a smoother right, better traction, and longer life of the tire due to more distributed (healthy) tread wear. The chalk test will ultimately be the right way to figure it out, I am just guessing at the 27/28 range (I do think 32 is probably going to still be high).

OP
OP
seannaz

seannaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Quick note, I'm running the same tires on my '18 2.0 and 32 is going to be high for those tires still.

Ultimately, you probably want to do a "chalk test" to see the ideal PSI - the 4xe is a bit heavier so the PSI might go up a tad, but ~25 was a decent PSI for me with my non-4xe. I'm guessing maybe ~27 or ~28 in the 4xe?

Getting the PSI right will of course give you a smoother right, better traction, and longer life of the tire due to more distributed (healthy) tread wear. The chalk test will ultimately be the right way to figure it out, I am just guessing at the 27/28 range (I do think 32 is probably going to still be high).
Appreciate that - will air down a bit more and see what’s what. Also need to search about the chalk test :)

OP
OP
seannaz

seannaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Day 2: Reactions... (on a full charge)

Stop light to stop light - I’ll tell ya, that charge sure does make a difference... I drove around most of day 1 on a dead battery. Was able to charge up over night and its a significant difference with the 37s. First gear is kind ho hum (even stock), but once the motor gets spooled up in 2nd it pulls quite well. Didn’t think I’d describe it as peppy, but yeah, was a bit peppy on a full charge. Not been able to get off the pavement, but still super happy with the setup.

ScenicRoute

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Beer Finisher
I know you get a bunch of requests but if you get the chance I’m curious about overall height and what clearance this set up provides for. Thanks in advance if you get an opportunity.

Sethward01

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Looks great! Well done! Ive ordered a 4xe Sahara, just got my VIN. Plan to do the 2" Mopar lift with 17" Blank Rhino Hollister or Fuel Vandal wheels and likely 35" Pirelli Scorpion A/T tires (315/70r17). Im kinda short, and my wife is only 5'0, so nothing taller than 35s. Please keep us updated on your battery range!

Sponsored

OP
OP
seannaz

seannaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know you get a bunch of requests but if you get the chance I’m curious about overall height and what clearance this set up provides for. Thanks in advance if you get an opportunity.
No problem at all. Here you go - by left rear wheel. Angle was kinda weird - let me know if this works or I can take another...
Jeep Wrangler JL Today is 4XE Lift / Wheel / Tire day!!! 19916A09-4A71-46C6-AF4A-915596D72C58

OP
OP
seannaz

seannaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Day 3: Reactions... (identification of the clang sound)

Alright, so if you read the earlier posts, I mentioned hearing some random noise (a clang / clunk) sound going over bumps. Noise is diagnosised... appears to be the swaybar links hitting my springs whenever they get tourqued going over a bump... pics

Jeep Wrangler JL Today is 4XE Lift / Wheel / Tire day!!! CE3FA25C-84DC-403B-BD0D-F6C8EC17400C

Notice the paint already chipped away from the sway bar link hitting the spring.

Jeep Wrangler JL Today is 4XE Lift / Wheel / Tire day!!! 10E2CE50-D392-4F42-AE81-16E32A8B654E

And here it looks like the link is actually resting on the spring. I’m hoping this is an install issue / that things gotta little out of whack. Maybe loosened up before retourquing. Anyways - will be taking in after the holiday to see what we can do to remedy.

Regardless - this setup is buttery smooth. Drives like a dream. Not dissuaded at all -just early adopter stuff right here which I’m cool with....

Last edited:

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Interesting considering Mopar designed lift. I wonder if this was a pre-recall lift version??? Picture of mine.
Jeep Wrangler JL Today is 4XE Lift / Wheel / Tire day!!! 20210531_105702

OP
OP
seannaz

seannaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting considering Mopar designed lift. I wonder if this was a pre-recall lift version??? Picture of mine.
Jeep Wrangler JL Today is 4XE Lift / Wheel / Tire day!!! 20210531_105702
Interesting. Talked to my tech - I’m going bring it back into the shop and have them retourque everything. Figure out what’s up with the swaybar alignment. And yeah, this should be the post recall kit.

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
That's interesting. I returned the AEV 2 inch spacer lift with the procal because AEV couldn't tell me for sure if the procal unit would work with the 4XE. After listening to you, I am glad I did. Decided to go with the Mopar two inch as well. Just waiting for mine to come in. Do you know if they had any issues with the alignment of the 4XE as they did with the similar Mopar ice kits? Trying to decide whether or not I need to add a front track bar. Jeep looks awesome!
Sponsored