Sponsored

Today I installed UCA, LCA and the Synergy Front Track Bar Brace & Sector Shaft Brace

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Today I installed the Synergy upper and lower adjustable control arms. Took me about 2 hours for all 4. Then I attacked the front track bar brace and sector shaft brace. What. A. Nightmare. Seriously. They use 2 different sized hex key bolts, one metric, one SAE, two different sized metric bolts and nuts, and if you are not really, really careful the holes do not line up properly. You will end up taking it off, realigning, trying again, realigning, rinse, repeat. Then, if you are like me, you will try to put a non-Synergy track bar in (I have Teraflex) and it doesn't fit in the brace with the lower frame side bolt in, so you have to take that out and realign, again. It took me from 3 this afternoon to 8 tonight just to put this brace on and get my track bar reinstalled. Sheesh.

Tomorrow I have the tie rod and the drag link. The OEM parts are already out, so it should go pretty quick.

Wish me luck.

Then Friday 4 wheel alignment. :)
Sponsored

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
Today I installed the Synergy upper and lower adjustable control arms. Took me about 2 hours for all 4. Then I attacked the front track bar brace and sector shaft brace. What. A. Nightmare. Seriously. They use 2 different sized hex key bolts, one metric, one SAE, two different sized metric bolts and nuts, and if you are not really, really careful the holes do not line up properly. You will end up taking it off, realigning, trying again, realigning, rinse, repeat. Then, if you are like me, you will try to put a non-Synergy track bar in (I have Teraflex) and it doesn't fit in the brace with the lower frame side bolt in, so you have to take that out and realign, again. It took me from 3 this afternoon to 8 tonight just to put this brace on and get my track bar reinstalled. Sheesh.

Tomorrow I have the tie rod and the drag link. The OEM parts are already out, so it should go pretty quick.

Wish me luck.

Good Luck Brother!

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase

Wish me luck.

Weird, I did not have this problem. Took me about an hour to install. I'm using a Yeti front track bar. Did you get your tie-rod and drag link in yet?

shicken562

First Name
Efrain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Firecracker Red
Occupation
Service Dispatcher
Weird, I did not have this problem. Took me about an hour to install. I'm using a Yeti front track bar. Did you get your tie-rod and drag link in yet?
I had seen in other forums as well saying it's not possible to install this brace with the YETI track bar as it's over sized. I have order the brace and waiting for it to ship out but seeing this has me worried. Any special adaptions you had to make to get it to fit or was a nice and easy install?

Also if you can provide a picture if possible. Thank you!

Sponsored

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I had seen in other forums as well saying it's not possible to install this brace with the YETI track bar as it's over sized. I have order the brace and waiting for it to ship out but seeing this has me worried. Any special adaptions you had to make to get it to fit or was a nice and easy install?

Also if you can provide a picture if possible. Thank you!
This shouldn't have you worried. Again, I have a Yeti front track bar and it went in with zero issues. Yes I can provide you some photos after work, I get off around 4PM EST.

Thanks,

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
This shouldn't have you worried. Again, I have a Yeti front track bar and it went in with zero issues. Yes I can provide you some photos after work, I get off around 4PM EST.

Thanks,
It's just the brace to the lower frame bolt that can interfere with the track bar end if it's oversized. They already use an Allen cap bolt to have a smaller head size but just check to make sure if you are running a different track bar.

Not sure why the OP had to remove the entire brace to get that bolt out, it should be a non-issue alignment wise if the one above it is tight or you put the through bolt in to keep things in place.

You'll notice the other track bar braces from Rustys, SteerSmart, etc, do not have that lower frame bolt, and just the upper one.

808State

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Good Thread... i was just bout to order me the Synergy track bar brace. Watched the videos and the reviews and it seemed legit and works with wandering but if its not that big of a difference then maybe dont need it.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Good Thread... i was just bout to order me the Synergy track bar brace. Watched the videos and the reviews and it seemed legit and works with wandering but if its not that big of a difference then maybe dont need it.
What have you replaced already?

mysto

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2 door JL Rubicon

Wish me luck.

So how did it go? Have you been driving it? Happy-ish?

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Also curious of feedback. I just did my TB and DL over the weekend. Looking at control arms next. Do you have your alignment specs? I'm curious how they compare. Thanks.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I just did the Rusty’s brace and works well. It helped quite a bit. The syn drag link also helped. The tie bar did not but I’m sure over time the factory rod ends would have loosened up too.

808State

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
What have you replaced already?
mopar lift, falcon 2.2 steering stabilizer. Wandering if i just add that synergy brace and replace the drag link, tie rod bar to the synergy one.. What you think quietpeen?

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
mopar lift, falcon 2.2 steering stabilizer. Wandering if i just add that synergy brace and replace the drag link, tie rod bar to the synergy one.. What you think quietpeen?
I’ve only replaced track bar, drag link, and tie rod. I feel my jeep drives and tracks very good

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not getting the frame side to get close enough to seat in the bracket. Not the eye hole matching up, I’m talking the entire track bar. It’s pushed out too far away from the bracket towards the front of Jeep. I took a screenshot of Wayolife (hope they don’t mind/love their videos!) and I noticed something. The small hex bolt on the axles side is flipped to top on mine. Notice the bends are different in correlation to the hex bolt. Could this be a fabricating error? Thanks in advance!

00F09A0C-0AFB-46C6-BFE1-AC688ECB6A6A.jpeg

D8470927-1406-412B-B863-E63296241937.png

24E4A349-0D83-4657-8B9E-277C71CB25C2.jpeg
Sponsored