Sponsored

To whomever suggested Rock lights for a dome light ...

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sahara JL

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
How many are you putting under your Slipstream and where are you placing them? I have a Slipstream too and it is dark under there!!
I have two of them, mounting location TBD. Iā€™ll post when I get them installed.

ColoJLRubi

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
How many are you putting under your Slipstream and where are you placing them? I have a Slipstream too and it is dark under there!!
Free with any purchase at Harbor Freight!

143A8EB4-B6AA-4B38-95DC-BBA613FC7BC7.jpeg

5FB6FED3-1B03-49B9-97C3-638AE150B179.jpeg

833234EB-70CD-4354-BA50-514092CFF250.jpeg

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
I may try these for 24 bucks https://amzn.to/2sOlhW1
That what I ordered and am going with... debating how much output and if I will do both overhead areas. Also, reviewing what wire tap connectors to use. I have had bad experiences with Scotch-link or similar types on my motorcycles, but understand this is not a critical light (like a headlight or other function on vehicle).

Sponsored

ColoJLRubi

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
That what I ordered and am going with... debating how much output and if I will do both overhead areas. Also, reviewing what wire tap connectors to use. I have had bad experiences with Scotch-link or similar types on my motorcycles, but understand this is not a critical light (like a headlight or other function on vehicle).
Iā€™ve had really good experience with Posi-Tap connectors.

RenegadeJeeper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stingray JLU sport
eBay.... Super cheap I negotiated a 6 pack for less than $15 shipped

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sahara JL
I actually installed the lights I referenced in my post above this morning. If you look at the original post (link in my post above), that person broke one of the clips on the center dome light when removing the trim piece. I broke the same one... I epoxied that back in place. The center dome light will actually come down without the trim piece coming off, however Iā€™m not sure how you would get up around it well enough to do that since it is flush with the trim. Mounting the lights and splicing the wires in place (black = ground, yellow/purple = power) wasnā€™t difficult. In the end, the results were dramatic. The lights do fade out as the dome light fades. Overall very pleased. I would have been ecstatic if I wouldnā€™t have broke the clip...

I would like to add the same lights to the rear of the Jeep where the rear cargo light is. Has anyone pulled that trim off and installed there?

D5421FFD-1D85-475D-9CEA-5C1C088D8903.jpeg

Sponsored

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually installed the lights I referenced in my post above this morning. If you look at the original post (link in my post above), that person broke one of the clips on the center dome light when removing the trim piece. I broke the same one... I epoxied that back in place. The center dome light will actually come down without the trim piece coming off, however Iā€™m not sure how you would get up around it well enough to do that since it is flush with the trim. Mounting the lights and splicing the wires in place (black = ground, yellow/purple = power) wasnā€™t difficult. In the end, the results were dramatic. The lights do fade out as the dome light fades. Overall very pleased. I would have been ecstatic if I wouldnā€™t have broke the clip...

I would like to add the same lights to the rear of the Jeep where the rear cargo light is. Has anyone pulled that trim off and installed there?

D5421FFD-1D85-475D-9CEA-5C1C088D8903.jpeg
Thanks for this information and went through the other thread as well. I ordered 4 lights as the intent is to install in the back as well. Odds are I'll still break the clip as well... :facepalm:

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sahara JL
Thanks for this information and went through the other thread as well. I ordered 4 lights as the intent is to install in the back as well. Odds are I'll still break the clip as well... :facepalm:
Let me know how the back goes. I look to do those in the near future but was hoping to gain insight on the removal from someone who had already done it. At quick glance the back has screws on both sides. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a clip there for me to break somewhere...

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me know how the back goes. I look to do those in the near future but was hoping to gain insight on the removal from someone who had already done it. At quick glance the back has screws on both sides. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a clip there for me to break somewhere...
It is on my "Jeep To-Do" list... as this is a low $ and high value mod it has moved up the priority listing.

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm planning to install these lights and have removed the rear panels. It's easy but I have a Diabolical Slipstream which makes it a pain the ass as I have to remove that first. I plan to video the process but will not get to it until Spring.

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sahara JL
I installed the lights in the back last night. 7 screws and the panel pulls off much easier than the front with only 2 clips (neither of which are part of the light assembly). The trim piece there is beveled. I debated whether to place the lights on the back or front of the bevel. The back would put more light in the cargo space, but I was concerned if you standing behind the Jeep getting something out, the lights might be blinding as they would definitely be tilted up towards your eyes. I chose to put them on the front of the bevel. This adds more light to the 2nd row seating and give a good amount of light in the cargo area. Having said that, if I had to do over again, I would have installed them on the rear part of the bevel. :)

Jeep interior lights.jpg
Sponsored