Sponsored

To track bar or not to track bar, that is the question...

Should I add a track bar?

• Total voters

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Just ordered the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3 for 17x9 Pro Comp wheels w/ -6 offset and 4.75 backspace. Should I anticipate any issues with a 2.5" Rough Country Suspension Lift? It's the $399 kit/67731 that comes with springs, N3 shocks, control arm brackets, sway bar links, and bump stops. It's not installed yet and wanted to see if I should add anything else prior to installing the tire/wheel package. Thanks y'all!!

Screenshot_20190512-104342.png

Screenshot_20190512-120154.png
Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Yes. Front and rear. My OCD would allow my axles to not be centered.

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Yes. Front and rear. My OCD would allow my axles to not be centered.
Thanks for the reply! I'm still in the exploration phase, but do you recommend anything in particular if I end up going for it?

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
For those who vote yes, please lmk what you recommend! Total rookie over here :p

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Thanks for the reply! I'm still in the exploration phase, but do you recommend anything in particular if I end up going for it?
I like one with a factory type bushing. Quite, and no maintenance. JKS makes nice track bars.

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
I recommend the MetalCloak front and rear track bars. Changing out the track bars is something you need to decide how important it is for your project. I changed mine and found, as others have, that aftermarket products have better quality and are stouter. I recommend MetalCloak due to their customer service and quality.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I recommend the MetalCloak front and rear track bars. Changing out the track bars is something you need to decide how important it is for your project. I changed mine and found, as others have, that aftermarket products have better quality and are stouter. I recommend MetalCloak due to their customer service and quality.
Having to window the mount bracket for metalcloak is one of the turn offs for me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I like one with a factory type bushing. Quite, and no maintenance. JKS makes nice track bars.
Thanks for the suggestion! I've only recently been hearing about that manufacturer, but others have said they are good to go as well

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Definitely been hearing lots about MetalCloak, thanks! How long have you been running yours, and how are they working out... was the difference apparent right away?