JuzaMe

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vmcrugbychairs.com
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ, 2005 Duramax, 2022 JLURD(ordered 1/17/22)
Occupation
Working on being a burden to my children.
David has great taste in accessories and his JL looks awesome. I too was looking for steps for my (ordered 1/17 & waiting!) JLURD.
I went on the ROAD ARMOR website to see if they have install instructions as I don't want anything that requires drilling additional holes the body. They are a little tough to locate, but they do have install instructions. Very straight forward install utilizing existing (although enlarging required)holes and mounting points.
BTW Jimmy...they are offering 25% off THIS month, which makes the price $915.80 so best not wait too long!

Also note that it states that they are a "special order" item and will be estimated 8-10 weeks for delivery.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hi everyone. I’m impatiently awaiting the arrival of my 4xe and spending time shopping to get ready. I want to lift it but I’m not happy with all the options out there for full lift kits so I’ve decided to get a 2” soccer lift on 35 inch tires. I need to make sure that my mom can get in and out of the car when I take her anywhere and was thinking of getting the RSE power steps. My question is, do you find the lift is not big enough to warrant power steps or do you think it would be helpful?
I have run Rock Slide Engineering steps sliders on a 2 " lift with 37" and they are one of my favorite mods. I have a friend that is running the same step sliders on her stock Rubion and and still finds them very helpful. They make it a lot easier to get in and out of the Jeep and also save a lot of wear and tear on the sides of your seats.

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4XE
Hi everyone. I’m impatiently awaiting the arrival of my 4xe and spending time shopping to get ready. I want to lift it but I’m not happy with all the options out there for full lift kits so I’ve decided to get a 2” soccer lift on 35 inch tires. I need to make sure that my mom can get in and out of the car when I take her anywhere and was thinking of getting the RSE power steps. My question is, do you find the lift is not big enough to warrant power steps or do you think it would be helpful?
With 35s and no lift my rubi 4xe is not easy for my mom to get into. She is short and fairly active for reference. The RSE steps definitely fix that.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
My wife is fairly short and I have a JLUR. She has mentioned not liking the height. I put on some RockHard slider/steps, but they are almost as high was the doorjamb. I had looked at the RSE retractable steps, but decided I wasn't inclined to add that much weight (300lbs) to my jeep. I've been thinking about fabricating some small bolt on steps that hang under the RockHard sliders, that I can remove for off-road use.

ODell81

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4xe
I have the 2" Mopar Lift & RSE power steps. They make all the difference. I did go with 37 BFG's but my wife and son struggled trying to get in before the steps. I am 5'11" and personally love them.

Sponsored

fcsallan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JL 4Xe
Occupation
Manager of ones and zero's
@Storm Cloud I don't see where you said if you were getting a Sport, Sahara or Rubi? If a Rubi, why lift at all for 35's. If either of the others, two choices, Rubi fenders or a 2" lift. Personally a Sahara with 2" lift isn't too tall, but I have bars anyway. I like the protection.

OP
OP
Storm Cloud

Storm Cloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lawyer
@Storm Cloud I don't see where you said if you were getting a Sport, Sahara or Rubi? If a Rubi, why lift at all for 35's. If either of the others, two choices, Rubi fenders or a 2" lift. Personally a Sahara with 2" lift isn't too tall, but I have bars anyway. I like the protection.
I am getting a Rubi which just came in. But I ended up going with 37’s so I guess the issue is moot.

fcsallan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JL 4Xe
Occupation
Manager of ones and zero's
I am getting a Rubi which just came in. But I ended up going with 37’s so I guess the issue is moot.
Good choice. 37's are just right on the Rubi. 35's are a no brainer.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
That was my thought process as well. Now I just need to pick up the Jeep and get to work installing everything that’s taken over my garage.
Let the fun begin!!
Jeep Wrangler JL To those with a 2” lift giphy

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
I went with the Barricade Enhanced Rubi Rails. My wife is 5'5" and had struggled to get in when stock. After a 2.5" lift - forget it. Not a 'proper' step -more like nerf bars - but she has no trouble useing them to step up to the seat. I also added a central grab handle to help as well.
Jeep Wrangler JL To those with a 2” lift Attach18167_20220102_094841

Jeep Wrangler JL To those with a 2” lift 16637990146595732847200998365519

The sliders have held up well against a couple of solid hits. The side tubes have not bent a whit despite some pretty good abuse.
Sponsored