Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lawyer
Hi everyone. I’m impatiently awaiting the arrival of my 4xe and spending time shopping to get ready. I want to lift it but I’m not happy with all the options out there for full lift kits so I’ve decided to get a 2” soccer lift on 35 inch tires. I need to make sure that my mom can get in and out of the car when I take her anywhere and was thinking of getting the RSE power steps. My question is, do you find the lift is not big enough to warrant power steps or do you think it would be helpful?
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Steps will help. But why lift and 35s with steps that will break first time a rock hits them?

Id recommend something like LOD destroyers if you are gonna spend that kind of money on "sliders". The LOD have a built in step and they function offroad.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Had a 2” lift and 35”s on a JLUR. Had ACE Engineering Rock sliders and were great. Downside is they were all tube construction without a flat step part. If wet, snowy or icy, they were very slippery.

There are so many options for rock rails and side steps. I recommend steps, best of luck making a decision on what to go with. It’s not typically an easy one to make.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Storm Cloud

Storm Cloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lawyer
Steps will help. But why lift and 35s with steps that will break first time a rock hits them?

Id recommend something like LOD destroyers if you are gonna spend that kind of money on "sliders". The LOD have a built in step and they function offroad.
My understanding was that the Rock Slide Engineering steps have built in rock rails and I can add on more protection underneath if I start to get crazy.

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the Ace Sliders to keep my Rubi ones. They do provide a bit of a step, but like Mike said, they are slippery when wet. I guess, I can get some of those abrasive step stickers and slap them on.

Jeep Wrangler JL To those with a 2” lift 1647648184808

Sponsored

jimmym1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My steps / rock rails (not powered) absolutely help get in and out of my rubicon with 2 inch lift and 35s, especially for older members of my family. The entrance is up to my thighs so although I could get in and out without it, I always use the step.

Jeep Wrangler JL To those with a 2” lift 3EE81BF6-B83A-48B5-8421-750C156D5175
What steps are these!? I love them. They have the shape of the LOD Destroyers but without the separation. These are awesome.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
What steps are these!? I love them. They have the shape of the LOD Destroyers but without the separation. These are awesome.
Thank you!
They are the Road Armor Stealth Steps/Sliders. You can find more photos and read some more about them by seeing one of my earlier posts!

They are indeed very similar! Except I can think of two major differences off the top of my head; (1) these are tub mounted since I didn’t want frame mounted sliders, and (2) I think these may have more protection under the body because the bottom portion extends way past the pinch seam and covers the entire bottom almost as far inward as the frame, whereas from photos it looks like the bottom portion of the LOD sliders only extend as far as the top does, which is about an inch before the pinch seam.

Another thing I really love is how they cut and slightly bent the steel up to give more traction on the top surface where you put your foot to get in. As a result, it’s almost impossible to slip on them.

jimmym1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you!
They are the Road Armor Stealth Steps/Sliders. You can find more photos and read some more about them by seeing one of my earlier posts!

They are indeed very similar! Except I can think of two major differences off the top of my head; (1) these are tub mounted since I didn’t want frame mounted sliders, and (2) I think these may have more protection under the body because the bottom portion extends way past the pinch seam and covers the entire bottom almost as far inward as the frame, whereas from photos it looks like the bottom portion of the LOD sliders only extend as far as the top does, which is about an inch before the pinch seam.

Another thing I really love is how they cut and slightly bent the steel up to give more traction on the top surface where you put your foot to get in. As a result, it’s almost impossible to slip on them.
Thanks so much! Found them online. Really digging the style! Gonna add them to the list for when our 4xe finally comes in. Thanks for the great and detailed write up as well!
Sponsored