First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I was offered 12% more than I paid for my 2 year old JLUR 2 months ago. I was under the impression you couldn’t get a 2021 with the 3.6 and no etorque, so I said no.

Come to find out you might be able to… so I’m looking into it. I’d sure love the front trail cam and full time transfer case, but I want no other drive train combination.

just checked offers again… looks like the used car market is cooling down quite a bit. I was offered $57k before, now down to $41k at caravan and 45k at vroom.

oh well. More than happy with what I’ve got.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
No, I have a rare color but more importantly I'm more than happy with my Jeep. I ordered what I wanted and she's been problem free. Profit isn't a reason to move on if the next one could be a headache.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I have a 2018 unlimited sport with 49,000 miles and am trading it in tomorrow. Paid 36,200 and was offered 34 from vroom. So I drove it for 3 years and 50,000 miles at just under 1,000 a year I would be crazy not to take the offer

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

I will be honest as a tame trail kind of person that 5.7 Hemi Grand Cherokee trailhawk is awful temptening.

PatrickKiser

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Butt Scratcher
If you were offered 10% more than you paid for your two year old Jeep , would you sell it right now?
I'm actually thinking of doing that myself, although my circumstances are probably different than yours. I recently retired and my wife and I always go everywhere together. We only really need one car. My 2-dr Rubicon is a total luxury and sits most of the time, hence a 2018 with only 9000 miles. I have tons of equity in the Jeep and trading it, along with my 2018 Escape Titanium, for a new Toyota Rav4 Prime, may make good sense.
I would get one vehicle to insure, maintain, etc., that would also get much better reliability and gas mileage, yet is one fast SUV with it's electric motors in addition to its gas engine.
I love Jeeps but things change. We will see major changes in the next few years regarding vehicles moving to electric.
I'm sure this post will get lots of kerfuffle from Jeep aficionados.

(1*)Donkey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler jl
I did only because after 2 years and 36,000 miles ive already had the doors redone due to corrosion and its having electrical issues and ive had to keep jumping it to start it recently.(not my problem anymore)it was a 2019 and not modified other than tires and rims it was totally paid off . I ordered a 2021 rubicon xr in snazzberry. Cant wait for it to get here

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed Gladiator prices have come down a little. Most dealers around here are now listing a couple thousand off MSRP.

Jeep must have slapped a dealer rebate on them.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
... We will see major changes in the next few years regarding vehicles moving to electric.
I'm sure this post will get lots of kerfuffle from Jeep aficionados.
Maybe. But "major changes" of what aspect of electric vehicles, is THE question.

I think electric power generation and grid distribution is a big limitation. Until something to address that happens, growth of electric vehicles will be slow. That says nothing of actual charging stations and the problems of range and charging times for long range travel. Also, consider that the average car on the road is over 10 years old. Change will come slow, IMO. I'm 65 and I think I'll be driving a gasoline car for the rest of my driving life.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
What? And have to go through the PITA of getting all that warranty work done all over again?

#JeepBuildQuality
I agree it took me a yr and 9 months to get mine straighten out . Nope , I won't do it again !
Sponsored