First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
What? And have to go through the PITA of getting all that warranty work done all over again?

#JeepBuildQuality
Jackpot- I'm sticking and staying until at least the 2022 colors come out.

SilentSkut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently sans Jeep.
Occupation
Analysis-Paralysis Consultant, Alternator and Starter Expert
If you were offered 10% more than you paid for your two year old Jeep , would you sell it right now?
I just sold mine (2021 2dr Rubicon) last week for about 15% higher than I paid. It was only a year old, but I never drove it. I was never really happy with the color, and I figured to get the good price while it's hot.

I can always order another.

Sponsored

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
nope, would have to pay back my 4xe Oregon tax credit of 2500 so...I'll keep it and mod it.

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Maybe, but only if I could order a 6-speed 392.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
No...I love mine and how its configured

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Depends on what you are replacing it with and how easy/overpriced the replacement may be. I wanted a “rustic” Sport (nothing power, just a simple Jeep). There is not a chance that I can find a used or new JL to replace it without overpaying for it.

Sponsored

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
I love my jeep, if i sold it, i would have to buy another so...I'll just keep mine!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If you were offered 10% more than you paid for your two year old Jeep , would you sell it right now?
I went through this a few months ago: it depends on your individual situation.

I bough my Sahara new in November 2019: MSRP was $50,000; paid $38,000 + tax & license. In April 2021 Vroom offered $43,500.

My Jeep had only 6,500 trouble-free miles. Once I started adding up all the mods, I realized I had $12,000 in lift, wheels, tires, steel bumper, etc. And I wasn’t going to get back the $3,500 I had already paid in tax and license.

So, despite the tempting offer from Vroom, and a very generous quote on a 2021 factory order, I decided to keep my Jeep.

I might have taken it if (a) the Jeep had significantly more miles, (b) the Jeep was missing some option I really wanted, (c) I’d been having trouble with the Jeep. But in my case, none of those applied, so it didn’t make sense to get rid of it.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Yup... Provided I could Find a 4xe in the color that I wanted. That color being Nacho which doesn't exist. I got an offer from Vroom for 8k more than I owe on my 2021 Sport.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I just sold mine (2021 2dr Rubicon) last week for about 15% higher than I paid. It was only a year old, but I never drove it. I was never really happy with the color, and I figured to get the good price while it's hot.

I can always order another.
Sold to Vroom?

threejeeps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes! I did earlier this year when I had the same situation. Dealership kept offering to buy my 2018 JLU Sahara and I finally caved when the offer was right AND they had a 2021 JLUR coming in that was two options off on my ideal spec.

My Sahara had some of the typical early build issues and upgrade wise only had a leveling kit, shocks, wheels, tires and few other minor items. I was about to do a “real” lift, gears and lockers but decided a new Rubicon was my best option. Probably also what I should have bought in the first place!
Sponsored