Sponsored

To Rokblokz or to not Rokblokz Poll

Which version of RokBlokz would you choose for 35's?

• Total voters

MrDunk

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
What seems to be a bit of a polarizing question, perhaps an unnecessary mod.. deserves its own poll. Please help!

I'm considering adding Rokblokz simply because I want extra protection against rocks flinging up and scratching the sides/chipping the door hinges. Living in AZ there's not too much mud to worry about but I can see myself ripping through some desert washes/rocky dirt roads in my future.

I kind of like the look too, but wonder if the XL may look too big even though I have the 35's that come with the XR package (May go to 37's in the future but not anytime soon).

If you have any pictures feel free to post them too!

TY!

- Dunk

Dunk_Jeep2.jpg

Dunk_Jeep1.jpg

Rokblokz.jpg
Sponsored

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Like many, I've never been a fan of mud flaps on Jeeps, but I had to do this out of necessity, to prevent gravel and rocks from hitting my doors/hinges and wedging themselves between the fender flares and body. Not only are they effective, but they install easily and are just as simple to remove. I thought I would only install them when driving off road, but I ended up liking the look so much, I just keep them on all the time. Granted, RokBlokz are pricey but they are well made (in the USA) and will last a long time. While front flaps alone will protect my Jeep, I also installed rears because I think it looks odd to install front only. More importantly, rears also prevent rocks/gravel from flying into fellow Jeepers when they're following you on the trail. Since my tires don't extend beyond the regular-sized flaps, there's no need for XL. However, I would have purchased XL if my rim/tire config dictated.

Only major complaint, is that RokBlokz doesn't make flaps for JLs with factory rails that are an option for non-Rubicons. As always, the rest of us have to suffer because we chose a lower trim level, and I had to cut holes in my front flaps, which was pretty tedious and time consuming. I realize that RokBlokz can't make versions for every rail and step config, but they should at least do so for the few factory options that exist, IMHO. Otherwise, these are great and highly recommended for any JL, even if it never goes off road.

Jeep Wrangler JL To Rokblokz or to not Rokblokz Poll IMG_4456.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrDunk

MrDunk

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Like many, I've never been a fan of mud flaps on Jeeps, but I had to do this out of necessity, to prevent gravel and rocks from hitting my doors/hinges and wedging themselves between the fender flares and body. Not only are they effective, but they install easily and are just as simple to remove. I thought I would only install them when driving off road, but I ended up liking the look so much, I just keep them on all the time. Granted, RokBloks are a bit pricey but they are well made (in the USA) and will last a long time. While front flaps alone will protect my Jeep, I also installed rears because I think it looks odd to install front only. More importantly, rears also prevent rocks/gravel from flying into fellow Jeepers' when they're following you on the trail. Since my tires don't extend beyond the regular-sized flaps, there's no need for XL. However, I would have purchased XL if my rim/tire config dictated. Highly recommend.
Great thorough feedback, I appreciate it. I'm leaning towards the uniform look of having both and also happy to provide the courtesy to other jeepers as I hate it when a rock hits my windshield.

Curious, what tire/rim setup do you run?

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Great thorough feedback, I appreciate it. I'm leaning towards the uniform look of having both and also happy to provide the courtesy to other jeepers as I hate it when a rock hits my windshield.

Curious, what tire/rim setup do you run?
Rims/tires are stock Willys takeoffs I just got last week from a local seller. Tires are BFG KM2's LT255/75R17. Although I like this config and got a good deal, the KM2's are pretty loud, and I think my next set of tires will be KO2's or KM3's.

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
JT instead of a JL but there’s the XL. He’s getting 35s and some method 701s today
Jeep Wrangler JL To Rokblokz or to not Rokblokz Poll 090D01BF-C45D-4C1D-96CA-A6D8BF86F7B0
Jeep Wrangler JL To Rokblokz or to not Rokblokz Poll 5B55442B-F795-4954-B6CE-9BEFB29F35BA

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Originally wasn't planning on getting any mudflaps, but after seeing a recently posted photo of a badly pitted rear fender from only one day on the dirt, I think I'm going to get either a set of front Rokblokz (regular) or maybe Weathertech splash guards, depending on whether or not either is compatible with the new crash beam behind the front wheels.

Not even planning to be off-road much, but with the amount of salt and grit thrown on the roads around here during winter, I think it's probably a good idea. Anyone know if the rear bumper (steel) catches a lot of shit as well?

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
go with WeatherTech as they work great, look OEM and integrate seamlessly with the XR extended flares:

Jeep Wrangler JL To Rokblokz or to not Rokblokz Poll 1660154429757

TEAMSLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURD
On my previous gladiator, heard a loud "PING" on the way home from the dealership. Put a nice chunk into the rear fender clear bra. First trail I hit a rock took a small chunk of paint off the hinge. Immediately ordered front rokblokz. While at the dealership taking delivery of the wrangler diesel, placed my order for front flaps from them as well.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
I have front Roblokz for our JL and JT. I go back and forth liking and disliking them. In a way they look good and help prevent rock damage, in a way they look goofy. I use them as needed.

Sponsored

kakwvu

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
go with WeatherTech as they work great, look OEM and integrate seamlessly with the XR extended flares:

Vote none, or like this with those wheels. Now I want those wheels, chips be damned.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your rear fenders are still going to get pitted, even with XLs. Ask me how I know!

Still, they definitely get pitted less, and the flaps seem to provide quite a bit of protection for your doors and rockers.

One point in favor of RBs: they really do fold beautifully over obstacles. I thought I’d be taking mine off a lot, but haven’t had the need.

OP
OP
MrDunk

MrDunk

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
JT instead of a JL but there’s the XL. He’s getting 35s and some method 701s today
Nice thanks, pretty easy to slap on? You have the same trimming on the JT for the rears?

OP
OP
MrDunk

MrDunk

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma

That IS pretty clean looking, better than the previous pic I've seen of WeatherTechs. Thanks for posting.

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Nice thanks, pretty easy to slap on? You have the same trimming on the JT for the rears?
well my dad said it was easy and he’s not usually mechanically inclined.

Jeep Wrangler JL To Rokblokz or to not Rokblokz Poll 5A48EE5B-5B03-47D3-BA49-8B3067FDDDAB

Here they are with the new wheels and tires. When he was doing research it seemed like rokblokz won versus weather tech quite a bit. There’s a bigger thread over on the gladiator forums I think.
Sponsored