Sponsored

to pay or not to pay for leather seats option?

heels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Wrangler Sahara (Sting Gray), 14 Wrangler Sahara (Dune)
Honestly go cloth and then do a custom Katzkin job if you want leather. Unless you are happy with black, the tan cream and now saddle interiors leave a lot to be desired + the quality isn't all that.

Beyond thrilled with the custom job I had done, it exceeded my expectations.
Sponsored

Ricmcd

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2006 TJ Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrical Contractor
D4A69A06-368B-47BC-8C6C-955DBE000C33.jpeg
I ordered the cloth with heated seeats, then had the dealer instal the Katskinz for $1510. This saved me $240 and I feel the Katskinz are a better option since I love the feel and the color

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
My two cents is to skip the leather. Its horrible quality, its uncomfortable and I wish I had the cloth seats in my JLU. If you decide you want leather aftermarket, there are much better options, Katzkins being one that is very good.

Sponsored

Kballard72

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Rubicon unlimited
Mine had leather, bought off the lot.
I'm in Texas and bartact covers are being made.

If I had not bought Christmas eve or wanted certain other things I may have looked until I found cloth to begin with. I did not want to order one. It had everything else so I took it with leather.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Had leather on my JK - dealer swapped before delivery to cloth seats. Regret it - wish would have stayed with leather now.

Leather in the JL and it does just fine. Would not change it. May put PRP covers on it.

jeeplaw

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge Charger Daytona, 2019 JLUR
Love my factory leather, there I said it lol yea, it's not the premium I had in my cts-v, but shit, it's pretty damn nice for a jeep. Didn't want to upgrade to katzkin during order process because it would have been a longer wait on delivery

heels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is very nice!

Katzkin's?
Yep - tons of different options in terms of color, design, perforation, cross-stitch, etc. Timed it up that I had my seat kit already with the upholster prior to my JL being delivered. I went and signed the papers, they picked up the car and it was back to me in less than 4 business days.

Would recommend you go cloth with heated seats as they will preserve that mechanism so your leather is heated. This really only impacts you in one major way - your dash will be gray (Sahara) or red (Rubicon) vs. the factory black leather option.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
This really only impacts you in one major way - your dash will be gray (Sahara) or red (Rubicon) vs. the factory black leather option.
The leather dash panel is only on Sahara’s. Choosing the cloth option and getting Katzkins added also removes the gap hide behind the rear seat, and the stitched leather trim on the parking brake, shifter knobs, and the upper dash.

Sponsored

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Guys, the OP started this thread and “ordered” it beginning of February, and reading through the thread he stuck with the cloth

Too late now regardless!

heels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The leather dash panel is only on Sahara’s. Choosing the cloth option and getting Katzkins added also removes the gap hide behind the rear seat, and the stitched leather trim on the parking brake, shifter knobs, and the upper dash.
Intentionally did not include the gap hider (this is a pretty easy thing to order and install if you want it + it's cheap). If you get Sahara, all of those other things you mentioned are still included. Thanks for call out on the difference.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Intentionally did not include the gap hider (this is a pretty easy thing to order and install if you want it + it's cheap). If you get Sahara, all of those other things you mentioned are still included. Thanks for call out on the difference.
Why would you not want the gap cover? Thanks for the clarification on the Sahara trim pieces. Not a lot of transparency by Jeep on what each package includes. The Rubicon with cloth has a much cheaper looking interior.

heels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would you not want the gap cover? Thanks for the clarification on the Sahara trim pieces. Not a lot of transparency by Jeep on what each package includes. The Rubicon with cloth has a much cheaper looking interior.
Agree on lack of transparency. This board was immensely helpful when I was going through the process.

Not sure if it's a priority for everyone. I added it because I have a big chocolate lab who's often in the back with me and didn't want his paws to ever get stuck. Also have a JK with a cargo cover that does a great job mitigating against that, so it's a bit of a personal choice.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Go Katzkin's and get the color combo you want, especially since black and brown are boring to look at
Sponsored