Sponsored

to pay or not to pay for leather seats option?

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
going to the dealership tomorrow to add on to my order. am debating on this and need to get, what I hope is, a consensus.

I have a mojito green coming. I chose black CLOTH seats. Should I have taken the leather seats? Does the leather feel leather or does it feel like the cheap leathery crap they try to pass off as leather now.

if you have the leather and see someone with a cloth seats do you feel happy that you have them or do you feel like it was a waste of money.

IF I do go leather, black would be the best choice and not tan, right?
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I had leather in my envoy and really didn't care for it. I'm much happier with my cloth seats. Just personal preference. And yes I think black would look best.

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
We have leather in our van (also had leather in both Grand Cherokees) and I debated about leather or cloth for the Jeep. In the end we selected cloth and I wondered if we would miss the leather. So far we have been VERY happy with the cloth and don't miss the leather. We had to use our van last night and I found myself kind of missing the cloth of the Jeep.

Just my opinion.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I have no complaints about my Rubi cloth. If I was to order again today, i would 100% order the cloth again.

Sponsored

Bobjon18

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I went through this same question awhile back and decided to go with cloth. What ultimately forced me to make this decision is that if we ever decided to take the top off and how that would effect things. We want to take the top off as much as we possibly can which meant that cloth was probably the better decision since we didn’t want scorching hot or sticky seats. Cloth is working great for us!

Edorand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just to clarify, you can't "add" to your order if the dealership already placed it. You'd have to order a whole new vehicle and they probably won't be cool with being stuck with your first build. That being said, I recommend the black leather :like:

OP
OP
wordslayer

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
Just to clarify, you can't "add" to your order if the dealership already placed it. You'd have to order a whole new vehicle and they probably won't be cool with being stuck with your first build. That being said, I recommend the black leather :like:
I placed the order Friday and people felt as though it wouldn't be difficult to change it since it was just placed. do you have conflicting information?

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I intended to get cloth seats. But the Rubi I found on the lot had leather. No regrets. I think its a decent leather seat and comfortable. We’ve had some warm weather, but not 90 degree florida hot yet. I’m sure it will be fine.

Sponsored

Edorand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I placed the order Friday and people felt as though it wouldn't be difficult to change it since it was just placed. do you have conflicting information?
Early tomorrow morning, the corporate build team gets in and schedules all the factory orders from Friday-Sunday. Once your order is scheduled [C status] it cannot be altered or deleted.

MUD-H2O

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR 3.6L 6-Speed
Occupation
Web Developer
Supposedly as long as it's still D status, the dealer can change the order if they talk to the rep.

I just placed my Rubicon order Friday too. I decided against leather as I felt if I didn't like the cloth, I could do aftermarket leather for much cheaper

OP
OP
wordslayer

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
Early tomorrow morning, the corporate build team gets in and schedules all the factory orders from Friday-Sunday. Once your order is scheduled [C status] it cannot be altered or deleted.
you sound like you really know what you are talking about, so if I arrive at the dealership tomorrow morning it could be too late?

suzookus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I like the Wrangler cloth seats. The leather is nice too but I just put covers on my seats so it doesn’t matter much what is underneath. :)
Sponsored