First Name
Aubrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I expect that this is possibly a subjective question, but here goes.

Just bought ‘18 JL Sport and just put 285/70R17 tires on. So far on pavement there is nor rubbing. I have 4.25” of clearance between top of front tires and very bottom of fender.

As there are several types and brands of lift equipment available, I am curious what you guys’ thoughts are?

At most I am thinking of just a possible 2” lift.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

ATO4x4

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I think the biggest question is what do you plan on doing with it? Any offloading? I personally think they look better with atlas a little bit of lift.

Dank

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Your other option would be to find some Rubicon takeoff's. That should give you about 1 1/2 inch lift and looking around they seem to be in the $250+ range for everything needed.

OP
OP

moell54

First Name
Aubrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Thx folks for responses. Through my local shop I’ve ordered the Teraflex 1.5” Sport ST1 system with Falcon 2.1 shocks. Should be awesome.

Sponsored

voodoo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thx folks for responses. Through my local shop I’ve ordered the Teraflex 1.5” Sport ST1 system with Falcon 2.1 shocks. Should be awesome.
How do you like this setup? Compared to stock as your DD?

Yoyo27983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU billet
I expect that this is possibly a subjective question, but here goes.

Just bought ‘18 JL Sport and just put 285/70R17 tires on. So far on pavement there is nor rubbing. I have 4.25” of clearance between top of front tires and very bottom of fender.

As there are several types and brands of lift equipment available, I am curious what you guys’ thoughts are?

At most I am thinking of just a possible 2” lift.

Thanks in advance.
I just had the Mopar 2" installed today. I still have the standard Michelin tires on it. I have ordered 285/70r17 and rims to go on it. I took it for a test drive today to see how if felt. First let me say that they found bad ball joints on the drag link and they said it was on backorder, so they took off one from another new jeep to get mine fixed. Cudos to the dealership! Three things I noticed that I hope everyone considering a lift will think about. 1. There was more wind noise on the top corners of the windshield. Probably due to the fact that it is now level and not as aerodynamic. 2. Transmission did not want to stay in 8th gear. I set the cruise at 55 and the slightest uphill grade in the road caused it to downshift to 7th. It also appeared to get less gas milage from looking at the gauges. Agin, this could be because it is not as aerodynamic as it was before. 3. I noticed that it seemed to be top heavy and wanted to sway or lean more than before. I told the service person all of this and he said that may all get better once the new tires and rims are installed. I call BS. I think they may recal the speedo and that might help the tranny. I think the sway is here to stay. Not going to get better with bigger tires. I am going for the look as I don't care for the stock look at all. Wish now I had just put on the tires and rims and saved the factory ride.

OP
OP

moell54

First Name
Aubrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
After my lift, noted above, I experienced the exact same results except for the windshield noise. I need to get the recalibration done though as it does seem to hunt gears a lot more.

Jaym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
When you get new tires and wheels it will likely widen your stance to compensate for additional height. This should help the sway feeling you’ve identified.

Yoyo27983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU billet
I just had the Mopar 2" installed today. I still have the standard Michelin tires on it. I have ordered 285/70r17 and rims to go on it. I took it for a test drive today to see how if felt. First let me say that they found bad ball joints on the drag link and they said it was on backorder, so they took off one from another new jeep to get mine fixed. Cudos to the dealership! Three things I noticed that I hope everyone considering a lift will think about. 1. There was more wind noise on the top corners of the windshield. Probably due to the fact that it is now level and not as aerodynamic. 2. Transmission did not want to stay in 8th gear. I set the cruise at 55 and the slightest uphill grade in the road caused it to downshift to 7th. It also appeared to get less gas milage from looking at the gauges. Agin, this could be because it is not as aerodynamic as it was before. 3. I noticed that it seemed to be top heavy and wanted to sway or lean more than before. I told the service person all of this and he said that may all get better once the new tires and rims are installed. I call BS. I think they may recal the speedo and that might help the tranny. I think the sway is here to stay. Not going to get better with bigger tires. I am going for the look as I don't care for the stock look at all. Wish now I had just put on the tires and rims and saved the factory ride.
Update! I carried the jeep in to have the speedo recalibrated. The dealership kept the Jeep through the weekend. They could not duplicate the rear brake issue but they assumed that it had something to do with resetting the abs system after a bcm update. They told me that the abs usually needs a reset after any other configuration updates. BS ?? I DON'T KNOW. I picked it up Monday afternoon and in the 20 mile ride home it was performing great. It went to 8th gear again and would only occasionally downshift to 7th. The gas milage is now showing 22 at 60mph. At 50mph ,it is around 28mpg. This is very good news to me! Now let's hope nothing else happens with this thing. I still have to carry it to another dealer for a second opinion on the engine knock. Will update that in the thread on 3.6 sound at idle. Thanks to all of you who pushed to get the speedo recal'd.
Sponsored