Sponsored

To carry, or not to carry, that is the question (car theft & break-ins) [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
So only rich rappers and professional athletes should be allowed to shoot up a place? That's just racist... šŸ˜¬
I was thinking more along the lines that divorce would be cheaper......šŸ¤£
Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Bullets should be 5k eachšŸ¤Æ...you'll defend your family for 10k but no one is going to shootup a school for 100k....šŸ™„
Iā€™d be a multi millionaire and Iā€™m willing to thin my ā€œstockpileā€œ for half price!

OhioJeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6 JL's and a Gladiator
I don't carry. I own, but don't carry.

My New Year's celebration (literally, started before and ran through past midnight) was dealing with a gun incident. It seems a few teenagers were coming over to my girlfriends apartment, the driver had never been there before. In the process, he scraped a neighbors car. I got conflicting stories about what happened next, but the father of the teen was told by the police that the guy went into his apartment, got his gun, then forced the teens out of the car and had them on their knees.

This man certainly believes he is "a good guy with a gun". Police didn't think so and he went to jail for several days.
In most states, you're not allow to brandish a weapon, hold in a threatening manner.

CulpMinMn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2001 TJ, 2014 WK2
Iā€™m surprised this thread is this long, as thereā€™s nothing to debate about.

Hereā€™s my rule of thumb:

1. if I have my phone on me, my gun is on me.
2. Avoid all local sensitive places where in your jurisdiction one cannot carry a gun legally.
3. Never travel to any state that does not have reciprocity with Virginia CHP. USCCA website is an amazing tool too look up different state laws when your traveling armed.
3. Ammo stockpile is 10K rounds per (pistol and Rifle) with 20%-25% being defensive JHP rounds. Reloading with the Hornady lock-n-load AP makes really quick work at stockpiling ammo.

cheers

Omen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys 2.0
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Manager
Sure Iā€™m not alone, but every automotive fourm I belong to, one of the main topics of discussion NOW is crime and violence and trying to keep your vehicle from being stolen or vandalized. Why? What changed what happened?
Was there a big gun shortage? Something changed? Weā€™re all very smart people here I keep hearing guns, guns, guns, guns guns, so do we need more or less guns to solve the problem?

One word... accountability. That doesn't seem to exist in our society. Do I get a trophy for participating?

Omen

Sponsored

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Iā€™m surprised this thread is this long, as thereā€™s nothing to debate about.

Hereā€™s my rule of thumb:

1. if I have my phone on me, my gun is on me.
2. Avoid all local sensitive places where in your jurisdiction one cannot carry a gun legally.
3. Never travel to any state that does not have reciprocity with Virginia CHP. USCCA website is an amazing tool too look up different state laws when your traveling armed.
3. Ammo stockpile is 10K rounds per (pistol and Rifle) with 20%-25% being defensive JHP rounds. Reloading with the Hornady lock-n-load AP makes really quick work at stockpiling ammo.

cheers
So you're in a bunker? šŸ˜œ

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Bullets should be 5k eachšŸ¤Æ...you'll defend your family for 10k but no one is going to shootup a school for 100k....šŸ™„
In order to safely and effectively carry and use a firearm, you need to practice a lot. Way to make everyone less safe by pricing out any and all training. Let's do the same for DUIs, $10k shots. "We aren't taking your rights away, so long as you're rich enough to purchase them".

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
In order to safely and effectively carry and use a firearm, you need to practice a lot. Way to make everyone less safe by pricing out any and all training. Let's do the same for DUIs, $10k shots. "We aren't taking your rights away, so long as you're rich enough to purchase them".
Rubber bullets for practice and real ones when needed? šŸ¤”
It's Saturday I'm in my pj's and your're making me think......šŸ˜‚

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
It's Saturday I'm in my pj's and your're making me think......šŸ˜‚
If I can buy rubber bullets at a reasonable cost, a simple press and some lead turns them in to real bullets though?

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
If I can buy rubber bullets at a reasonable cost, a simple press and some lead turns them in to real bullets though?
Whatever floats their boat.......
It's just a responsiblity I would not want...I'm retired. šŸ˜‰

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Not 100% sure, but I'd think that in order to practice effectively, the rubber projectile would need to be the same weight and loaded to the same velocity as the real thing. So therefore, it would also be potentially lethal (with likely far more incidents of the dang thing ricocheting back and hitting the user).

Interesting thought, though!

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
There is no beauty in America when children die in schools...THAT'S AN AMERICAN THING.
It's related to the ease of getting illegal firearm.
The NRA and most gun owners are opposed to ANY gun regulations.
Because some men never wanted to stop playing Army is the reason most of us have to worry about guns everywhere and children being targets.
The people who really control things want to disarm the American people. They want you to rely on the police for protection. The Uvalde school shooting should have been stopped much earlier than it was by those police but they didn't. They held back and let the casualty numbers grow significantly. Dispicable.

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FACT: the #1 reason for teenage homelessness is being thrown out by their parent for coming out as gay. Sad stuff.
Do you really believe that? Or do you believe that kids are kicked out for being extremely lazy or ignoring parents rules? Kids these days don't want to get a job and be productive members of society. They want handouts and to sit behind a console or social media scroll on their phone. I would bet those kicked out is due to the latter at a much higher percentage than for their sexual preference.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Do you really believe that? Or do you believe that kids are kicked out for being extremely lazy or ignoring parents rules? Kids these days don't want to get a job and be productive members of society. They want handouts and to sit behind a console or social media scroll on their phone. I would bet those kicked out is due to the latter at a much higher percentage than for their sexual preference.
Here is what I really believe: Condemning one's teenage children to homelessness is unforgiveable under ANY circumstances. These are kids; not adults.

Last edited:

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is what I really believe: Condemning one's teenage children to homelessness is unforgiveable under ANY circumstances. These are kids; not adults.
If you are referring to young teens that I can agree with but 17 and 18 year old's who drop out of school to be deadbeats need a taste of reality.
Sponsored