Sponsored

To carry, or not to carry, that is the question (car theft & break-ins) [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I started telling my kids at the age of 12, your plan for after graduating from High school can not be living in your little kids bedroom down the hall from your parents working at some bull shit job. I will throw you out on the streets. They were told go to college, go to a trad school or join the military. Living in their childhood bedroom was not an adult option for them.

They are currently both very successful in their early thirties and late twenties. Financially secure and fully functional adults. I have a great relationship with both of them.

Expectation have to be set. If you have zero expectations of your kids, they will live with you for ever in your basement playing video games.
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
If you are referring to young teens that I can agree with but 17 and 18 year old's who drop out of school to be deadbeats need a taste of reality.
Just to be clear, my original point was regarding children identifying as gay, and being thrown out as a result. Not dropouts, not 18+, not basement video game players, not drug addicts. I'm talking about well-adjusted, hardworking, children who happen to have made the huge "mistake" of being gay and are cast into homelessness as a result - by their own parents, no less.

40% of all homeless teens are LGBT.

If anyone is so inclined, this is a great read: https://lesley.edu/article/the-cost-of-coming-out-lgbt-youth-homelessness

Last edited:

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
Just to be clear, my original point was regarding children identifying as gay, and being thrown out as a result. Not dropouts, not 18+, not basement video game players, not drug addicts. I'm talking about well-adjusted, hardworking, children who happen to have made the huge "mistake" of being gay and are cast into homelessness as a result - by their own parents, no less.

40% of all homeless teens are LGBT.

If anyone is so inclined, this is a great read: https://lesley.edu/article/the-cost-of-coming-out-lgbt-youth-homelessness
Children are being taught about sexual preference at way too early of an age and multi-billion dollar film companies are changing their actors and characters to be LGBT, but that probably has nothing to do with this...

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
Children are being taught about sexual preference at way too early of an age and multi-billion dollar film companies are changing their actors and characters to be LGBT, but that probably has nothing to do with this...
Hate to break it to you but it's been around since the dawn of time. The difference now is kids in school are more open, social media has transformed information, sexuality (notes, pictures, video, etc.), the ability to converse with like groups, etc. While Hollywood is certainly doing its part, you should blame the electronic handheld revolution and social media companies. My contact group in school was just that group and there were "groups" of people that pretty much stayed in their circles. Nowadays it's global and yes, being LGBT can be cool to some that might not otherwise be but I have to believe you're a fool if you think it's not a hard road.

That same media capability shows the struggles that LGBT face and I have a few friends that have kids that are in this very situation. It's a struggle for both and I don't think there's anything untrue going on. Those kids are gay and have been for so long that if it's a phase or cool thing they certainly have committed to the lifestyle knowing it. The moms appear far more accepting and the fathers are just really having a tough time as if it's somehow their fault or it's a failure to parent. I don't have the answers but I'm definitely empathic toward the journey of both parents and children/young adults. Not sure it should be so hard to just be yourself and be accepted.

Sponsored

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
Hate to break it to you but it's been around since the dawn of time. The difference now is kids in school are more open, social media has transformed information, sexuality (notes, pictures, video, etc.), the ability to converse with like groups, etc. While Hollywood is certainly doing its part, you should blame the electronic handheld revolution and social media companies. My contact group in school was just that group and there were "groups" of people that pretty much stayed in their circles. Nowadays it's global and yes, being LGBT can be cool to some that might not otherwise be but I have to believe you're a fool if you think it's not a hard road.

That same media capability shows the struggles that LGBT face and I have a few friends that have kids that are in this very situation. It's a struggle for both and I don't think there's anything untrue going on. Those kids are gay and have been for so long that if it's a phase or cool thing they certainly have committed to the lifestyle knowing it. The moms appear far more accepting and the fathers are just really having a tough time as if it's somehow their fault or it's a failure to parent. I don't have the answers but I'm definitely empathic toward the journey of both parents and children/young adults. Not sure it should be so hard to just be yourself and be accepted.
It is being pushed on kids now. A local school in my area had a reading assignment for 7th graders and the book was about an African American boy that was discovering that he was gay. It went as far as verbalizing him taking his friends penis in his mouth, and anus, and then performing anal sex on his friend. A READING ASSIGNMENT FOR 7TH GRADERS. There are people pushing this, and more than most people know. There is a reason there is more LGBTQ+ kids. And it is not because we are more open. I watched a local PBS special and there was a parent with 4 children protesting a speaker at a private university in our area. She spoke of how proud she was that 2 out of 4 of here children were queer. Just then her 7 year old son came out to her, and she was so proud of him. Now tell me how a 7 year old knows his sexuality? Another couple in the KC area was on Life magazine because they wanted to transition their under 1 year old son into a girl, this infant somehow made it clear to them, he did not want to be a boy. My own nephew decided he was gay. Not because he preferred men over women. He had a crappy home life, had no friends, but this group took him in. He is so confused. He has mental issues, not sexuality issues. (at least not before he "came out") This is being pushed on kids to explore, at a time they do not even understand what they are doing. There is a sick agenda out there.

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
It is being pushed on kids now. A local school in my area had a reading assignment for 7th graders and the book was about an African American boy that was discovering that he was gay. It went as far as verbalizing him taking his friends penis in his mouth, and anus, and then performing anal sex on his friend. A READING ASSIGNMENT FOR 7TH GRADERS. There are people pushing this, and more than most people know. There is a reason there is more LGBTQ+ kids. And it is not because we are more open. I watched a local PBS special and there was a parent with 4 children protesting a speaker at a private university in our area. She spoke of how proud she was that 2 out of 4 of here children were queer. Just then her 7 year old son came out to her, and she was so proud of him. Now tell me how a 7 year old knows his sexuality? Another couple in the KC area was on Life magazine because they wanted to transition their under 1 year old son into a girl, this infant somehow made it clear to them, he did not want to be a boy. My own nephew decided he was gay. Not because he preferred men over women. He had a crappy home life, had no friends, but this group took him in. He is so confused. He has mental issues, not sexuality issues. (at least not before he "came out") This is being pushed on kids to explore, at a time they do not even understand what they are doing. There is a sick agenda out there.
Well, I'm definitely against that kind of reading assignment, regardless of the intent. No 7th grader should be reading that kind of material. It's easy to find the examples that are questionable but I'm still convinced there are a fair amount of folks that are what they are. Again, I don't have the answers and it's certainly tragic if there's an agenda. BTW, no one is transitioning a one-year-old...ever, not on this planet so that's the media and some sick parent that is trying to get attention. 100% zero chance.

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
Well, I'm definitely against that kind of reading assignment, regardless of the intent. No 7th grader should be reading that kind of material. It's easy to find the examples that are questionable but I'm still convinced there are a fair amount of folks that are what they are. Again, I don't have the answers and it's certainly tragic if there's an agenda. BTW, no one is transitioning a one-year-old...ever, not on this planet so that's the media and some sick parent that is trying to get attention. 100% zero chance.
I did not question that there are people that are gay, but the number of children (under 18) now that identify in the LGBTQ+ community has grown to a number that I do not feel is correct. It is not only pushed on kids, it is encouraged. Let the kids be kids, they will figure themselves out without anyones help. Parents should be having these discussions with their kids. Sure that are bad parents, we can't control that, until they commit a crime.
Sorry this thread got hijacked into this, I am sure we will not agree, so I will leave it there.

Sponsored

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
If I leave my house I'm carrying. Not because I'm a vigilante but because I want to protect myself and my family. And I pray I never have to use it. Always carry on my person, aiwb, unless I'm somewhere with metal detectors, then it stays in the jeep, but only for a short periods of time and not if the top and or doors are off. More law abiding gun owners is good for crime rates, because more gun laws don't change anything for criminals because criminals don't follow laws.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
We’re in the bizarro world now. So if something makes sense to you. The opposite, is the way we’re moving.

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
We’re in the bizarro world now. So if something makes sense to you. The opposite, is the way we’re moving.

There is nothing bizarro about that situation. He was not in a life threatening situation. He wasn't even in the vehicle and had the ability to stay safe but made the decision to chase after him and kill him. You don't kill people for stealing your car, you file with your insurance. IF the guy had come into the gas station, armed, and demanding the keys to his vehicle...different story.

Would it piss me off to see someone stealing my Jeep. Yes, but I'm not killing someone unless they are threatening my life. Seriously, is it really worth killing someone over a car?

Each state is different. Virginia does not allow the use of deadly force to prevent someone stealing your property. You can use force, say tackle someone (assuming unarmed), point a weapon and tell them to stop, etc. but not deadly force. Missouri is the same.
Sponsored