Sponsored

To carry, or not to carry, that is the question (car theft & break-ins) [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Bmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2012 JK, 2011 WK2 5.7
...It’s also clear that US gun control laws have no significant impact on the ability of criminals to secure firearms. With hundreds of millions of firearms in circulation, all a person needs is some cash and a willingness to violate the law. The folks who shoot up the schools, churches, and malls have plenty of both. Is there anybody who actually believes that folks who are willing to commit armed robbery or murder will be dissuaded by the threat of a misdemeanor conviction for possession of an illegal weapon? Sheesh.

There are many influences driving crime, including rampant drug abuse, an increasingly toothless law enforcement system, community ignorance and apathy, and a wrong belief that more freebies and “services” are the solution to every criminal behavior problem....
Right on point!👍
Sponsored

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I always look at it like the thief that wants my wallet. If you want it that bad you can have it my life is worth more, I'm insured.

We do carry but as mentioned above in extreme emergency only.

I waiting on someone to make a rear window delete just to prevent them a bit more. No one sits in the back so I'm good with deleting.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I lock it even when the soft top is on it. The lock will keep the honest...honest.
A locked vehicle may dissuade the opportunistic criminal, looking for an easy score.

Honest people are just that: law-abiding folks. They don't need to be "kept honest".

:beer:

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
People who are comfortable with firearms view it more like a seatbelt. There if you need it, but hope you never do. We aren't leaving the house in bullet proof vests or riot gear, simply having a means of protection should we need it. With my lifestyle I'm more likely to need it for an animal than a human, but it will serve the same purpose in either case. I don't want to shoot any one or any 4 legged friends, but I don't want to fight a mountain lion bare handed either.
There's people that carry like you for good reasons... that great... it seems like others that carry are the angry face grill guys... all for fake tough guy larping crap... that's amusing...

I don't really care about guns either way, but that second group makes me laugh. I do want to be clear that I respect your right to do what you do.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR, 2021 JLU Sport Altitude
A locked vehicle may dissuade the opportunistic criminal, looking for an easy score.

Honest people are just that: law-abiding folks. They don't need to be "kept honest".

:beer:
You stated my intention better then I did, agree 100%

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
BAC would take care of it. (Big Ass Comet)
Depends on where and how big. It might solve some immediate problems, but if/when we get another as disruptive as those that started our prior ice ages, you're going to see crime spike worldwide when food becomes scarce.

I always look at it like the thief that wants my wallet. If you want it that bad you can have it my life is worth more, I'm insured.
Do you know how hard it is to get a replacement ID without any valid photo ID to prove who you are? No amount of insurance is going to fix that headache and you'll eventually wish the crook shot you dead instead of spending another minute at the DMV trying to sort everything out 😆

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
o you know how hard it is to get a replacement ID without any valid photo ID to prove who you are? No amount of insurance is going to fix that headache and you'll eventually wish the crook shot you dead instead of spending another minute at the DMV trying to sort everything out 😆
I know each state is different, but IL has both ID cards and Drivers License... I have both and neither are ever in the same place at the same time. Also, passports are great 2nd IDs as well.

Reactions: AFD

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I know each state is different, but IL has both ID cards and Drivers License... I have both and neither are ever in the same place at the same time. Also, passports are great 2nd IDs as well.
Passport would definitely work (as long as it was left at home and not stolen as well). Our state also has separate DL and photo ID, but I was always under the assumption that you couldn't have both, but it looks like that is possible if you fill out a separate form and pay an extra $40. Don't think I've ever met anyone that's done that, but it's a smart idea (if you store it separately).

Sidewalk

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
I don't carry. I own, but don't carry.

My New Year's celebration (literally, started before and ran through past midnight) was dealing with a gun incident. It seems a few teenagers were coming over to my girlfriends apartment, the driver had never been there before. In the process, he scraped a neighbors car. I got conflicting stories about what happened next, but the father of the teen was told by the police that the guy went into his apartment, got his gun, then forced the teens out of the car and had them on their knees.

This man certainly believes he is "a good guy with a gun". Police didn't think so and he went to jail for several days.

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
Passport would definitely work (as long as it was left at home and not stolen as well). Our state also has separate DL and photo ID, but I was always under the assumption that you couldn't have both, but it looks like that is possible if you fill out a separate form and pay an extra $40. Don't think I've ever met anyone that's done that, but it's a smart idea (if you store it separately).
I lived in a couple of the party neighborhoods in Chicago in my 20s... was very important to always have a backup ID in case you lost one to get in the bars... a couple of sets of keys as well. Best time of my life...

Sponsored

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Bullets should be 5k each🤯...you'll defend your family for 10k but no one is going to shootup a school for 100k....🙄

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
In CA I just use my State employee ID and boom. I also make appointments. But I hear ya

Depends on where and how big. It might solve some immediate problems, but if/when we get another as disruptive as those that started our prior ice ages, you're going to see crime spike worldwide when food becomes scarce.

Do you know how hard it is to get a replacement ID without any valid photo ID to prove who you are? No amount of insurance is going to fix that headache and you'll eventually wish the crook shot you dead instead of spending another minute at the DMV trying to sort everything out 😆

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Bullets should be 5k each🤯...you'll defend your family for 10k but no one is going to shootup a school for 100k....🙄
So only rich rappers and professional athletes should be allowed to shoot up a place? That's just racist... 😬

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor

Well, Shit, I will be a multi-billionaire if I sold off my ammo! I'm all for it! I'll go buy a freakin' country with the proceeds!

Also, don't rule out the nutso rich kid who takes his families ammo out of the safe and commits a heinous crime. This is where attention needs to be kept. Sad state of affairs in our country where kids with no life experience just go mental and parents do nothing about it. We need more doctors willing to commit and put on record a human that exhibits certain traits of harm.

One last edit.... I do not carry as I have never felt my safety was ever threatened. We live in the greatest country on this planet. I do not fear what's out there. Never have, never will. I use my firearms to blow up shit in the desert.

Vito92

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL 2Door Willys
They take Kozie guess he gone lol. Already had people stealing gas. So I got a locking gas door but if they steal the whole Jeep oh we'll thats why I have insurance
Sponsored