OP

Jeep24Dmb

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
I agree completely! Thanks for the input. Tough to know which way to go. Can’t predict the future of a car.
Sponsored

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Long story short - I have a 2013 Accord. Leased it for 3 years and then bought it. Decided to finance for 6 years - DUMB. It has 96,000 on it and I can finally get more for it than I owe on it. I still owe $7,300 and can probably get $8,500. If I keep it I’ll have a 9 year old car by the time it’s paid off in 2022 with prob 120K on it.

So I either try to pay it off ASAP and hang onto it til it dies or take the equity I have and go get me my Wrangler that I’ve wanted for a long time. Tough call!

The wife says ditch it before it starts to give us headaches and issues. It has a CVT engine which scares me.

Thanks everyone!
Ditch it and buy a Wrangler!!!

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Not to talk you out of it but Honda has a decent CVT. My wife's Accord is still in the family and going strong. Now the rear wheel bearings are a faulty part with both being replaced but not expensive. Regarding insurance, I was in a 2016 Mazda 3 when I traded for the Wrangler. The Wrangler had an MSRP of $18k more than the Mazda when I bought it and now the Mazda is worth less after 3 years. My insurance actually went DOWN $20 a month. Of course your results may differ based on age, driving record and credit.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Not to talk you out of it but Honda has a decent CVT. My wife's Accord is still in the family and going strong. Now the rear wheel bearings are a faulty part with both being replaced but not expensive. Regarding insurance, I was in a 2016 Mazda 3 when I traded for the Wrangler. The Wrangler had an MSRP of $18k more than the Mazda when I bought it and now the Mazda is worth less after 3 years. My insurance actually went DOWN $20 a month. Of course your results may differ based on age, driving record and credit.
Remember though, life's short and you don't wanna die with too many regrets
Sponsored