Sohm Wan

First Name
Sohm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit 2011
Hello,

I just found a new 2020 Unlimited Sport S for 36k and was wondering if it was worth if to take it off the lot of go for a build. It comes with the technology package which is not an issue with me. But I would like to get the Cold Weather and Safety Group as well. This price is what it is posted online and not without taxes/fees. It comes with the 2.0L I4 and 3 Piece Hard Top.

I have tried to build before but have had no luck on the discounts for it. If I build it on the website, it will be about 41k with the criteria as mentioned above but without the Technology Group.

Any insights?
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Hello,

I just found a new 2020 Unlimited Sport S for 36k and was wondering if it was worth if to take it off the lot of go for a build. It comes with the technology package which is not an issue with me. But I would like to get the Cold Weather and Safety Group as well. This price is what it is posted online and not without taxes/fees. It comes with the 2.0L I4 and 3 Piece Hard Top.

I have tried to build before but have had no luck on the discounts for it. If I build it on the website, it will be about 41k with the criteria as mentioned above but without the Technology Group.

Any insights?
Sohm: I think you'd best find answers to these questions on the Ordering and Pricing section of the forum. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/ordering-and-pricing-discussions.7/

That said, how soon do you need the rig? I ask because there are several dealers who will give you percentages off of the invoice price if you are willing to place a factory order for the vehicle; the only downside of which I feel is a wait time usually measured in weeks/months.

Are you in Long Beach, CA, or the one in NY? I ask because if the latter Koons Jeep in Virginia is a well regarded dealership that's been offering (I think it's still) 5% off invoice for such orders--not that they haven't sold factory order rigs to people in nearly every State in the US--both those where the buyer picked it up and drove it home, and I believe where transportation of the vehicle to the buyer was paid for (by the buyer.) There are other West Coast dealers with similar offers--again check the forum section I referenced above.

I don't want to insult your intelligence but would rather error on the side of providing details you may already know.

That said, I think your journey should begin here, with the latest pricing figures: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/latest-2020-jeep-wrangler-jl-order-guide-february-2020/ .

Find the JL of your liking and pay attention to the FWP (Factory Wholesale Price, a.k.a. the Invoice Price) column. That's the figure that such discount "order taking" dealers discount from.

Such dealers make their $ in rebates they get from FCA for the large number of sales they make, sharing that money with the consumer in discounts that allow them to continue being high volume dealers that earn these volume sales incentives in the future.

IMHO nothing beats not paying for features on a showroom rig you wouldn't get, or doing without ones you want and may be hard to install after purchase.

Good luck.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Hello,

Any insights?
I think you can find a better deal if you are willing to travel to buy. I drove up to Gilroy CA to buy mine and saved a few thousand over what an Socal or LV dealer would sell for. I seem to recall a dealer in ID that will sell customer orders for deep discounts. If you're a CA resident, you can buy outside the state, but you must purchase a CA compliant vehicle (when the purchase is not because of a breakdown while traveling), and pay the CA sales tax.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I was able to get the same discount offered on in-stock Jeeps (around 11% off MSRP) on my custom order in Elk Grove (south of Sacramento). It was worth the wait because I knew exactly what I wanted and didn’t want.

Good luck!

OP
OP

Sohm Wan

First Name
Sohm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit 2011
I did not realize that I had posted on this forum. I thought it was on the previous one mentioned. Thank you though.

I had researched around for the custom order but all those I spoke to did not have such a discount. But that was pretty local.

Other than the Technology package, which is a plus, I mainly wanted Safety and Cold Weather.

I guess I can try to search a little farther.
Sponsored