Sponsored

TNT Customs JLU Sliders

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I run them, they're an excellent slider with a functional step.
Sponsored

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
I run them, they're an excellent slider with a functional step.
Hey Bumpit, thanks for the reply. A few questions:

- Are you running the Adventure series? https://tntcustoms.com/product/jeep-jl-4-door-adventure-rock-sliders/
- Are you running 4 door or 2 door?
- How much have you abused them? Any rock pivoting, large drops, etc? Any concerns with them coming up into the body, flexing, etc?
- Do the "self tapping" screws seem to be holding tight?
- Curious, did you paint them or powdercoat (since they come raw).

Thanks for any help!

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Hey Bumpit, thanks for the reply. A few questions:

- Are you running the Adventure series? https://tntcustoms.com/product/jeep-jl-4-door-adventure-rock-sliders/
- Are you running 4 door or 2 door?
- How much have you abused them? Any rock pivoting, large drops, etc? Any concerns with them coming up into the body, flexing, etc?
- Do the "self tapping" screws seem to be holding tight?
- Curious, did you paint them or powdercoat (since they come raw).

Thanks for any help!
2 door
they've been used as sliders over rocks and the only hit they have taken was a large tree I was going around that took off the paint on the side of the sliders and embeded itself around my beadlock bolts when my tire went around it.

No real concerns with them coming up into the body but I also have rock skins because I hit the rubi sliders so hard it put a nice dent in the tub that those are hiding.

The sliders are still as tight as the day I put them on and as for paint I don't powder coat my armor. I paint them so I can touch them up when needed. The only piece of armor I might consider power coating would be the tire carrier as it won't likely need a touch up. As far as paint goes I used Steel-it and it's been fantastic.

PXL_20221001_154833018.jpg

PXL_20220812_201757066~2.jpg

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
2 door
they've been used as sliders over rocks and the only hit they have taken was a large tree I was going around that took off the paint on the side of the sliders and embeded itself around my beadlock bolts when my tire went around it.

No real concerns with them coming up into the body but I also have rock skins because I hit the rubi sliders so hard it put a nice dent in the tub that those are hiding.

The sliders are still as tight as the day I put them on and as for paint I don't powder coat my armor. I paint them so I can touch them up when needed. The only piece of armor I might consider power coating would be the tire carrier as it won't likely need a touch up. As far as paint goes I used Steel-it and it's been fantastic.

Jeep Wrangler JL TNT Customs JLU Sliders PXL_20220812_201757066~2

Jeep Wrangler JL TNT Customs JLU Sliders PXL_20220812_201757066~2
Thx! Really appreciate site the info.

Wyoldguy

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR (ordered)
I live in Cheyenne (where TNT is) and checked out a set on a JLU this past weekend. They looked really nice! They tuck in clean similar to the stock rubi rail location but stick out farther with the extra bar on it. I was hopeful it’d be a useful step but the guy that had them said it’s ok but he doesn’t use it as a step often because it’s a little narrow and slippery with powder coat. TNT build quality is definitely good, and the price reflects that. For frame mounted, I like the look and debating them vs LOD.
Sponsored