TMPS not showing on dash

Mad Beach

First Name
Karl
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
My display of the tire pressures for all the wheels randomly show and don't show. Everytime I start up the jeep I may see all 4 wheels or none or 1 or 2. My first thought is battery in sensors are getting low, does that sound right to anyone ? Or is this a deeper issue ?

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Did you get new tires and wheels? Are these the stock sensors?

When I got new tires and wheels with new sensors, I would not get a reading. Swapped out for different sensors and drove around a few miles before the sensors were picked up. Each time starting up, the TPMS would show the last read, rolling a few hundred yards, the psi would be updated.

OP
Mad Beach

Mad Beach

First Name
Karl
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Did you get new tires and wheels? Are these the stock sensors?

When I got new tires and wheels with new sensors, I would not get a reading. Swapped out for different sensors and drove around a few miles before the sensors were picked up. Each time starting up, the TPMS would show the last read, rolling a few hundred yards, the psi would be updated.
These are not factory, got wheels ( with sensors ) off another jeep. Have been running them on my jeep for at least 6 months and all has been great. The pressure numbers they do display look correct , just do not show up every drive.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
My display of the tire pressures for all the wheels randomly show and don't show. Everytime I start up the jeep I may see all 4 wheels or none or 1 or 2. My first thought is battery in sensors are getting low, does that sound right to anyone ? Or is this a deeper issue ?
I used to know this stuff from HVAC-R training and certification, but went another path for more money, so the info has faded. The wheel sensors don't have their own power source. It contains a mechanism (that I can't recall the name of) that converts the pressure reading to a resistance value(?), which is read wirelessly when within range of the vehicles powered tpms.

These buggers can be a bit sensitive, and could be starting to fail possibly from the extra handling from multiple mountings.

Advertisement

Motor City Aftermarket

Advertisement