TL DR; Advice on a single-action (one handed) Bumper with tire carrier

RobTeazy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Volvo XC40, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
So let me preface this with a story about the TJ Rubicon I used to own. I drove this particular Jeep until it started to fall apart just north of 100,000 miles. I was in my early 20's and enlisted in the military so I was poor and never upgraded my spare once I could afford a lift and tires. So yes, even though I had the original spare on the entire time I owned this Jeep I never had an issue with the hinge, it was the tailgate that began to crack and fall apart. Ultimately, I decided to get rid of it before I had to do any repairs.
Fast forward to today and I am getting into another Jeep. I have had a 2021 JLR on order since late July and decided on 37" tires. I have been scouring this forum for the past couple of days trying to find a tire carrier and the consensus seems to be Rusty's. Now I am sure that is an excellent product, however past experiences tell me to avoid putting additional weight on a tailgate if possible.
So here is what I am looking for in a bumper with tire carrier:
-Camera Mount
-License Plate mount/bracket (lighted preferred)
-Holes to install OE backup sensors
-Maintain factory trailer hitch and electrical
-Single-Action (One handed use)

Advice and suggestions are appreciated and pics are plus!
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Carriers like the Rusty’s one don’t put any weight on the tailgate. Rather, the tailgate is carried by the carrier.

you could run just the Rusty’s without the tailgate and it would hold the tire up on its own. (Assuming you could latch it to keep it from swinging freely)