Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering if TJ rear coil spacers will fit on the rear coils of a JL? I see company’s like @Rock Krawler Suspension using their rear TJ coils on the rear of their JL lifts so I figured it would work.

Anyone with any real world experience using TJ coils or spacers on a JL?

The main reason I ask is that I’ve ordered a 1.5” front spacer lift and would like to add a 1” rear spacer but the best if not only option I’ve seen at a reasonable price is the .5 teraflex stacked spacer, which for some reason I’m trying to avoid but will do if it’s my only 1” option. Don’t want .75 or 1.5 on the rear which I’ve seen out there. Also I can’t justify spending over $80 for 1” rear spacer. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I was wondering if TJ rear coil spacers will fit on the rear coils of a JL? I see company’s like @Rock Krawler Suspension using their rear TJ coils on the rear of their JL lifts so I figured it would work.

Anyone with any real world experience using TJ coils or spacers on a JL?

The main reason I ask is that I’ve ordered a 1.5” front spacer lift and would like to add a 1” rear spacer but the best if not only option I’ve seen at a reasonable price is the .5 teraflex stacked spacer, which for some reason I’m trying to avoid but will do if it’s my only 1” option. Don’t want .75 or 1.5 on the rear which I’ve seen out there. Also I can’t justify spending over $80 for 1” rear spacer. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Highly doubt it and not worth the risk in my opinion, while the coil "may" work, the spacers may seat or wrap differently it's just not worth the hassle to modify it for a perfect fit.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I would be very surprised if that wasn't a typo given the weight and load difference of the vehicles.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Spacers would be different due to indexing, coil springs sit differently in TJ/LJ than they do in JL which changes how the coil loads but spacers are not at all interchangeable. Coils can be interchangeable depending on the design of the coils and how the axle side seats are set up. Not all of our coils are interchangeable like you're describing but the triple rate design and the end codes of JL and TJ/LJ are very similar which does lend them to being more versatile.

For good spacers, look at Daystar.

OP
OP
Silverblkrilla

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Spacers would be different due to indexing, coil springs sit differently in TJ/LJ than they do in JL which changes how the coil loads but spacers are not at all interchangeable. Coils can be interchangeable depending on the design of the coils and how the axle side seats are set up. Not all of our coils are interchangeable like you're describing but the triple rate design and the end codes of JL and TJ/LJ are very similar which does lend them to being more versatile.

For good spacers, look at Daystar.

Awesome thanks for the clarification. I ordered the Daystar 1.5” spacer and will
probably lift the rear with two Teraflex .5” spacers stacked to make 1”. I’ll
Probably also replace the plastic front spring pad with the RK pad.
Sponsored