First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
Anyone have thoughts on the Titan 2" wheel spacer from Extreme Terrain? Good spacer? Link

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
dchemphill1

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
Two inches is a LOT.

Most spacers are 1.25 to 1.50 inches.
What about the brand? I am wanting to widen the stance for looks and will be ready for bigger tires and some lift.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah they are. But they are safer and less maintenance than using spacers. And if you change wheels & tires, you can sell your existing ones to help offset the cost.
^^^ this!

Some tire shops will even refuse to touch your vehicle once they find that it has spacers. There's too much liability involved.

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Forego the spacers. Just get wheels with proper backspacing instead. 👍
Why don't you recommend going straight to tons?

What about the brand? I am wanting to widen the stance for looks and will be ready for bigger tires and some lift.
Just don't get the cheapest. I've run these TeraFlex 1.75" for the last year. Bead locks are in the garage so I won't need them anymore. No Loctite, but I did check them a few times.

On my TJR I run Rough Country 1.5"

If you wheel hard or hit pot holes on the road, be ready to upgrade your ball joints.

I bought them 100% for the space given I'm running 37" KM3's on stock wheel. But after looking at it, the wider stance is a bonus.

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
Two inches is a LOT.

Most spacers are 1.25 to 1.50 inches.
I agree, but there's people on here running -12mm offset wheels that are 2.25" further out than stock. A 2 inch spacer is just the equivalent of a -6mm offset wheel. Now I wouldn't run negative offset wheels personally but tons of people do.

Reactions: J0E

Sponsored

hoch

First Name
Hoch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just bought some 1.5” Titan spacers from extreme terrain. I’ll install them tomorrow. Quality seems on par with Spidertrax I had previously.

Just follow instructions and check torque at every rotation and you’ll be good.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
There's no maintenance or safety issues with a properly installed hubcentric spacer. It is no different than running wheels with the same backspacing. The 2" spacers have been on my ram for almost 100k miles. Wheeled hard, worked hard, jumped a few times out in the desert. Towed an 8k+ lb trailer with the jeep on it to CO and back at freeway speeds, hauled a 2,700lb pallet over 150 miles. 0 ill effects. Still on stock tie rods and ball joints. It's a myth that "proper" wheels have any benefit over running the same effective backspacing via spacers. On our JLUR we ran a 1.5" spacer to clear the 37's at full lock. Even if new wheels are in your future plans, a spacer is a great way to get the clearance and visual of what backspacing you want to go with when you drop the money on wheels.
Sponsored