Sponsored

'Tis the season... Best way to transport a Christmas tree?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
all i can think of is the chevy chase movie, when he came home with a huge tree.
that’s the scene this picture is from… Christmas vacation LOL
Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
@ScubaSteve, since you have an Unlimited, you can just fold down the back seat and remove the rear window - no need to take the top off completely. Here's how we brought our 7' tree home last year in my wife's JLU.

OP
OP
ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
@ScubaSteve, since you have an Unlimited, you can just fold down the back seat and remove the rear window - no need to take the top off completely. Here's how we brought our 7' tree home last year in my wife's JLU.

That would definitely work! Although I'm sort of afraid of starting up the back windows off, side windows on forum argument again. No reason I can't do the safari top position though!

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
That would definitely work! Although I'm sort of afraid of starting up the back windows off, side windows on forum argument again. No reason I can't do the safari top position though!
LOL I hear ya! Though personally, I see no issue with the rear window out and side panels in - any wind will flow right out the back and not disturb the side windows. We drove up to Woodbury Commons this summer with my 2-door with the top in Sunrider position and the rear window out - we could actually talk to the kids and still got plenty of sunshine without all of the wind. No issues with the side windows.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
This would work...

8EBD7D1D-8FC4-4784-B839-10614F9A0F85.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
LOL I hear ya! Though personally, I see no issue with the rear window out and side panels in - any wind will flow right out the back and not disturb the side windows. We drove up to Woodbury Commons this summer with my 2-door with the top in Sunrider position and the rear window out - we could actually talk to the kids and still got plenty of sunshine without all of the wind. No issues with the side windows.
I tend to agree. Especially with the top up and windows closed. Glad to hear you didnt have any issues!

On a side note, I'm overdue for a trip to Woodbury! Love hitting up the Henckles outlet!

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee

this is what I do also. Fits right in back with seats folded down. Blanket on floor makes cleanup easy!

Sponsored

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
That works!
Yeah, that was last year, Jeep was a couple of weeks old then. I thought I was going to lay it horizontally on the bike rack, but that wasn't going to work so I just stood it up and hoped for the best. Got home OK, so maybe I'll do it again.

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
I got lucky and found a M416 ammo trailer at a surplus auction house. I'd wanted one for years for use with my old TJ Wrangler. Usually I'd only find rusted out wrecks going for way too much. I got this from an army base via a third party auction for just a few hundred bucks! It had been in a storage garage for decades. It's perfect for hauling not only Christmas trees but also mulch, which as you can see, my kid loves unloading.

I found it via Wisconsin Surplus. I'm betting there are other trailers out there just waiting for folks to snap them up.

IMG_20190819_100318.jpg

OP
OP
ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I got lucky and found a M416 ammo trailer at a surplus auction house. I'd wanted one for years for use with my old TJ Wrangler. Usually I'd only find rusted out wrecks going for way too much. I got this from an army base via a third party auction for just a few hundred bucks! It had been in a storage garage for decades. It's perfect for hauling not only Christmas trees but also mulch, which as you can see, my kid loves unloading.

I found it via Wisconsin Surplus. I'm betting there are other trailers out there just waiting for folks to snap them up.

IMG_20190819_100318.jpg
Very cool. I've seen some awesome overlanding builds with the M416. I prefer that version over some of the earlier trailers because the square fenders match up with modern day wranglers.

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Buy a hitch and a trailer if you're looking for an excuse to spend money. Otherwise find a buddy that will lend you his pickup truck.

You guys are overthinking this.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
I have never had any problem getting the box from Menards to fit in the Jeep.

Sorry, I just don't do those real trees too messy.
Sponsored