Sponsored

'Tis the season... Best way to transport a Christmas tree?

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
The Christmas music playing in Starbucks this morning has brought me to the realization that ready or not, the holidays are just around the corner. So for my fellow soft top owners gearing up for winter...what's the best way to transport a christmas tree??

I'll preface this by saying that, as much as I want one, I don't have an expedition rack because the Jeep juat barely clears my garage as is. It seems like admitting defeat to enlist a friend or family member with an SUV.

So do I put the top down, blast the heat and have that sucker sticking out the back? Strap it to the roll cage? Curious what others have done in the past!
Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Huh. I always have my hardtop back on, but interesting question. I guess you could just strap it to the roll bar, but that seems a little precarious. You'd only get to really strap it to the bar in the middle, and you usually want rope at two ends of the tree.

Depending on distance and size of the tree, though, I'd probably just put my back seats down, top all the way down, and do it like a pick up truck with heat on full blast lol

OP
OP
ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Huh. I always have my hardtop back on, but interesting question. I guess you could just strap it to the roll bar, but that seems a little precarious. You'd only get to really strap it to the bar in the middle, and you usually want rope at two ends of the tree.

Depending on distance and size of the tree, though, I'd probably just put my back seats down, top all the way down, and do it like a pick up truck with heat on full blast lol
Hmmm... I didn't even think about only having the one spot to strap it down to. Maybe it would make sense to throw a strap around either the windshield tie downs or the tow hooks just to secure the front end from flipping up and catching the wind.

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We have the Mopar crossbars on the hardtop and those worked out great last year.

Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Put the top down, put it in the back and crank the heat. That’s what’s i did all the years I had a small convertible. Note—put a big sheet or blanket down first so you don’t have to vacuum up so many pine needles after

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve strapped Xmas trees to my TJ with a soft top (premium too) for years. I would tie the string to the roll bar On the inside. Closing the doors on the string never caused an issue. I never noticed sap on the top, but I never looked closely for it either. I would remove the tree before entering the garage.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I’ve strapped Xmas trees to my TJ with a soft top (premium too) for years. I would tie the string to the roll bar On the inside. Closing the doors on the string never caused an issue. I never noticed sap on the top, but I never looked closely for it either. I would remove the tree before entering the garage.
Haha. Good tip!

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
The Christmas music playing in Starbucks this morning has brought me to the realization that ready or not, the holidays are just around the corner. So for my fellow soft top owners gearing up for winter...what's the best way to transport a christmas tree??

I'll preface this by saying that, as much as I want one, I don't have an expedition rack because the Jeep juat barely clears my garage as is. It seems like admitting defeat to enlist a friend or family member with an SUV.

So do I put the top down, blast the heat and have that sucker sticking out the back? Strap it to the roll cage? Curious what others have done in the past!
Oh, I DEFINITELY wanna see the video of this endevour...! :rock:

IMG_6743_large.jpg

5bYC4Jn.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUhjLS2TvLO6BhAVIzEXlo5h3TrVoSmDDFpP-O8S9KwogPUawc&s.jpg