Sponsored

Tires-- White or Black Letters??

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Dealer told me you can no longer order the BSW K02s, they only come in the OWL - have to get the muds if you want the BSW.
Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I'm coming at this from the other side. Not just on my Jeep, but on my truck too, I have always found it frustrating how few choices there are for white letters. My truck came from the factory with white letters, as did my Jeep, and in both cases, I'm not going to be able to keep the white letters unless I keep the exact factory tire.

I would definitely consider another set of the Firestone Destination MT/2s, but the larger tire sizes I've scoped out are all BSW only. The BFG KM3s are all BSW only. General Grabber X3s come in BSW or ORL. I don't want red letters on a green Jeep. That would look stupid.

I think even if I step all the way up to Mickey Thompsons or Open Countries, ain't no white letters for me. Same thing on my truck. I was looking for excellent all-season highway tires, and ended up paying top dollar for some Michelins, but for all that money, ain't no white letters.

Damn it!

I guess my Jeep will follow in the footsteps of my truck, and neither one of them will have white letters after I burn the factory tires off.

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
For me the white lettering is just another cleaning opportunity. So for me it is BSW all the way.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
White

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
I thought ordering guide defaulted to black sidewall and you had to select white when ordering if that’s what you want. I have a new JLUR coming and sure hope they are not arriving with white letters! It does sound like a first world problem though!
Sponsored