rs680

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Tires Tires Ordered new Rims last night for my Punk n metallic Rubicon, That i hope arrives one day. Tomorrow have to order new front bumper and winch. And i have to get tires. I see a lot of people going 37s but i am going to stay with 35s . Still will lift it 2.5 inch But 35s are good enough for me. I think i will go BFG KO2 but just thought i would ask everyone what they like. And if you are in Canada got a tip on a place that sells tires at good prices.
Sponsored

Wannamojito

First Name
Wannamojito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yj
Tires Tires Ordered new Rims last night for my Punk n metallic Rubicon, That i hope arrives one day. Tomorrow have to order new front bumper and winch. And i have to get tires. I see a lot of people going 37s but i am going to stay with 35s . Still will lift it 2.5 inch But 35s are good enough for me. I think i will go BFG KO2 but just thought i would ask everyone what they like. And if you are in Canada got a tip on a place that sells tires at good prices.
Did you end up putting on 35’s? If so do you have pix?

OP
OP
rs680

rs680

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Did you end up putting on 35’s? If so do you have pix?
I am still waiting for ,my jeep . it is suppose to ship tomorrow but i will see end of next week i hope. Then i will start posting pics for all the mods i do.

sm16

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi, 2016 BMW X6M
I went with Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They are E rated, but are very quiet. I run them at 32 psi and it’s a pretty smooth ride. They are stiffer than the stock KO2s but too me it’s not big difference and they’re aggressive looking.

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
Going with 37" KO2's.

Sponsored

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
I am going with a C rated 35” Nitto Trail Grappler. These tires are 35 x 11.5 x 17 but to me the C rating was more important than the 1” less size in width. On another note I see these tires are made right here in the USA, I thought Nitto’s were a Japanese or Korean tire? Also I checked the Date Code on the sidewall and they were manufactured in the 52nd week of 2017! That’s less than 6 months old and in tire speak that’s a pretty fresh tire!

thewolfman2010

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (JL)
Do yall think a set of 5 BFG KO2s (285/70R17) for $850 is a good deal? A local guy is offloading them from his Rubi and I think they'd be a good upgrade on my JLU Sport. I thought $850 was a good deal for 5 basically new tires that normally cost ~$240/ea. Thoughts?

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Do yall think a set of 5 BFG KO2s (285/70R17) for $850 is a good deal? A local guy is offloading them from his Rubi and I think they'd be a good upgrade on my JLU Sport. I thought $850 was a good deal for 5 basically new tires that normally cost ~$240/ea. Thoughts?
Assuming no/low miles jump on it!

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I took a different route with my Sport. Came with 31.5" (245/75/R17) and I swapped them out for 32.1" (255/75R17).. For the new tires I went with Duratrac's as they are a mixture of AT and MT tires.

Not much of an upgrade I know but I don't want to lift much as it's a daily driver and only sees off road use once a month or so...

Sponsored

MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I went with Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They are E rated, but are very quiet. I run them at 32 psi and it’s a pretty smooth ride. They are stiffer than the stock KO2s but too me it’s not big difference and they’re aggressive looking.
Ditto, I did 34". I think you can now get these in D rated which I wanted but considering I'm slamming these hard enough to freak out the TPMS system, the E rated might be I need.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've got about 4k on 315 size C rated KO2s, including an off road trip that saw mud, dirt trails, a few rocks, and sand dunes, and I absolutely love them! They exceeded my expectations in the mud, for sure. I thought that would be their weakness.

I drove my kids to summer camp yesterday and took some twisty back roads. These are easily the best all-around tire I've ever owned. They are great in the rain, too, btw. I run them at 30lbs cold. They work really well with the Mopar lift, with a good balance of ride and handling.

I'm sure all the top tires nowadays are great, though. Not many ways to go wrong.

namodei

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Sales Engineer
I took a different route with my Sport. Came with 31.5" (245/75/R17) and I swapped them out for 32.1" (255/75R17).. For the new tires I went with Duratrac's as they are a mixture of AT and MT tires.

Not much of an upgrade I know but I don't want to lift much as it's a daily driver and only sees off road use once a month or so...
Have any pictures of the tires installed? I was thinking of going that route as well!