Sponsored

Tires break loose at 80, & 90 mph on wet roads.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I’ll never understand this shit. People want to drive faster than me? Good. Fuck’em, they can have my speeding ticket. I’ll move over. They want to tailgate me? I’ll gradually slow down more, or move out of their way (see above).
Unless it’s an emergency or I’m outrunning a marauding Tyrannosaurus Rex, my Jeep doesn’t do more than 70. Absolutely no need to.
It helps to think of these people as "Bait", selflessly clearing the way ahead of all police predators. Just keep them at maximum sight distance. Yes, I have had my bait taken from me on numerous occasions. Thank you for your sacrifice, bait.

Of course in my Jeep I don't need bait very often. Jeeps are rather self-regulating when it comes to speeding tickets.
Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
You went sideways in a Jeep at 90 mph and didn't flip it? Even in the rain, you should have promptly gotten off of the Interstate and bought some lottery tickets.

I live in Melbourne and see vehicles off into the woods all the time on I-95 along with a lot of "Drive Safely" circles and roadside crosses. For those of you who don't know a "Drive Safely" circle is a sign they put up once the state removes a private memorial from the roadside.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tires break loose at 80, & 90 mph on wet roads. 1671156876849

As others have said, you were probably going too fast for conditions and the reaction of your vehicle is to be expected.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
this sure is a lot of words to say "I don't know anything about car control."

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
…Also, don’t camp in the left lane. It’s for passing.
That part.

Good advice! Lol…please continue to adopt this rule if you ever visit Houston. When folks camp in that left lane (although there’s 5 more) other drivers get heated. 😂

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone notice that the OP has not responded to any of the replies? I think OP is having fun watching the reactions from everyone else.
I guess it beats another Bronco-related thread but if trolling was the OP’s goal, why not make one that’s actually funny or interesting?!

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

That part.

Good advice! Lol…please continue to adopt this rule if you ever visit Houston. When folks camp in that left lane (although there’s 5 more) other drivers get heated. 😂
And try that in Germany. It doesn't matter how fast you are driving you better be moving right when you can.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I guess it beats another Bronco-related thread but if trolling was the OP’s goal, why not make one that’s actually funny or interesting?!
Judo... the OP is using our own humor against us...

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
My route to work has changed now that we're in the KOA in the RV. I have 15 miles on I95. Of course I have never really tried to see what would happen at highway speeds on wet roads.

When this has happened, both times I was just trying to get out of the way of the you know who that feel they must go faster than everyone else.

So the other morning, wet roads, person coming up fast so I gave the jeep less than half throttle and the LSD kicked in, transmission shifted down and boost came in and I was sideways at 80mph.

Today coming home I was in the left lane at 80mph, wet road (cause there was no one else around) I look in my mirror and there is a black vette coming really fast. Again less than half throttle and switched lanes sideways at 90mph.

Pretty sure it freaked the guy in the vette out a little bit. I'm sure he was not expecting a jeep wrangler to go sideways at 90mph even on wet roads.

I'm not complaining. It doesn't really bother me, just didn't know it would do it at 80&90mph. I did know it will easily do it at 60mph and below. Knowing it does this I will be careful. I do know what I have and the wrangler is not a hot rod with the same road manners as any type of sports car.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tires break loose at 80, & 90 mph on wet roads. 20221104_170438
Sponsored