Sponsored

Tire Size? Sidewall? Wheel Size? Best No Lift Combo

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
I like a Wide tire stance, with some sidewall beef (but not so much where it doesnt look proportionate). I dont like too much gap between the Tires and Fenders but obviously they shouldn't Rub either.
Im thinking of going anywhere between 70 and 20 inch wheels.
I think if I go 20 inch wheels, then the sidewall needs to be thinner, So I assume 17 inches might be better, because Im not going to do a lift, and I dont want any rubbing at all.

I like a flush look. Im not much of an off-roader but I do enjoy light off-roading here and there.
I have no idea what offset and backspacing is, so someone can chime into that.

Im going to go with either Nitto Terra Grappler or Toyo Open Country A/TII.

So my question is, What Tire Size + Wheel Size combo + Backspace + Offset combo should I go for given the above info?

Its a JL Sahara.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as Im a total newbie to this.

Thank You.
Sponsored

merilm

First Name
Meril
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FJ Cruiser (sold), 2018 White JLU Sahara ordered, 2013 HD Softtail Deluxe w/ a little extra chrome.
Occupation
semi-retired
I like a Wide tire stance, with some sidewall beef (but not so much where it doesnt look proportionate). I dont like too much gap between the Tires and Fenders but obviously they shouldn't Rub either.
Im thinking of going anywhere between 70 and 20 inch wheels.
I think if I go 20 inch wheels, then the sidewall needs to be thinner, So I assume 17 inches might be better, because Im not going to do a lift, and I dont want any rubbing at all.

I like a flush look. Im not much of an off-roader but I do enjoy light off-roading here and there.
I have no idea what offset and backspacing is, so someone can chime into that.

Im going to go with either Nitto Terra Grappler or Toyo Open Country A/TII.

So my question is, What Tire Size + Wheel Size combo + Backspace + Offset combo should I go for given the above info?

Its a JL Sahara.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as Im a total newbie to this.

Thank You.
I also have a Sahara ordered & a few days away. I spent many hours on the numerous Jeep / Wrangler forums, and also at this online selector trying to understand the same issues as this is 1st Jeep and first time doing custom wheels and a possible lift or not : https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp. Found this to be extremely informative. Enjoy your new ride !!