Tire Size on JL wrangler Sport

JLphotoman

First Name
Felipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler 2 door Sport
Good morning all. I would like to know if I can but 35 inch tire on sport wrangler without a left? Also, I have Dania 44 on the jeep?
Sponsored

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
That depends on the backspacing of the rim and what you plan to do with it. I had no lift and 33” KO2s on my sport and they rubbed when flexing off road, especially in the back. I have no rubbing on the control arms during turns, but my wheels have +10 offset and 5.2” backspacing.

I’ve added a 2” lift and bump stops for no rub wheeling. I would think 35” would need backspacing for the street and maybe a lift too. Others may chime in.

OP
OP
JLphotoman

JLphotoman

First Name
Felipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi JeepJunkie,

Thanks for responding to my questions. I don't know anything about modifying jeeps or cars. What do you mean with the backspacing of the rim? I currently have 17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Polished Granite Crystal Wheels and firestone tires 245/75R17. Also what do you mean with +10 offset and 5.2” backspacing?

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I wouldn't its too tight of a fit on a sport. When I added my Rubicon take-offs to my sport which are 33's I had the shop bust out a 35" tire and put it next to jeep I wouldn't do it. You would get lots of rubbing and it would hit the front bumper and full turn. You would at minimum need to put a 2" spacer lift.

OP
OP
JLphotoman

JLphotoman

First Name
Felipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't its too tight of a fit on a sport. When I added my Rubicon take-offs to my sport which are 33's I had the shop bust out a 35" tire and put it next to jeep I wouldn't do it. You would get lots of rubbing and it would hit the front bumper and full turn. You would at minimum need to put a 2" spacer lift.
Thanks. Any recommendation on 2" spacer? What is the different between 2" spacers and Mopar 2" left? I have change my front bumper to the 3 piece Rubicon metal bumper. Would that make a difference?
Sponsored