Sponsored

Tire Shine

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Figured before I try one brand to the next I would reach out and try to get some feedback on the best tire shine on the market based on price and performance.

Not looking for any extra thick stuff nor the kind that splashes up on your vehicle on the first trip out after you apply it.

Any and all feedback appreciated.
Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Looks like just what I'm looking for something simple.

What have you found works best in terms of application Do you apply it with a cloth a sponge or what exactly? Do you need them to follow it with a second towel or something to wipe off?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00655EQRM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The more you add the more shine you get. So you can go to your liking. I use it because I don't prefer the hyper shine stuff. I just want a clean looking tire.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tire Shine TS1

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I have a brazillion microfiber applicator pads. Squirt it on the applicator pad and wipe it on. My Toyo's have some side biters on them that the juice can get down in there. So you have to pay attention to those areas. However, that product is water based. So it won't do any damage.

My tires are well outside the fenders. I've never noticed it "fling" stuff like other products I've used in the past.

OP
OP
Jeepster21

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Something like these?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KWMWX2S

I have a brazillion microfiber applicator pads. Squirt it on the applicator pad and wipe it on. My Toyo's have some side biters on them that the juice can get down in there. So you have to pay attention to those areas. However, that product is water based. So it won't do any damage.

My tires are well outside the fenders. I've never noticed it "fling" stuff like other products I've used in the past.

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I don't care for glossy/shiny looking tires.... coated with crapola that attracts dirt...

..with that said.... I scrub the tire with a scrub brush & soap and water to get rid if the brown... and the dirt...

I let the tire dry and then apply 303 Marine UV Protectant with an applicator pad.. When that drys, I hit them with a soft rag .....tire is nice and black... not glossy/shiny looking.

The 303 Marine UV Protectant holds up well til next wash day. It does not attract dust/dirt like other stuff does....

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I don't care for glossy/shiny looking tires.... coated with crapola that attracts dirt...

..with that said.... I scrub the tire with a scrub brush & soap and water to get rid if the brown... and the dirt...

I let the tire dry and then apply 303 Marine UV Protectant with an applicator pad.. When that drys, tire is nice and black... not glossy/shiny looking.

The 303 Marine UV Protectant holds up well til next wash day. It does not attract dust/dirt like other stuff does....

PICS!!!!

Sponsored

wildallways

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon 392 2021 Ford Explorer ST
I've been using 303 Aerospace Protectant on my tires for years as well as on the weatherstripping on the doors, hood and hatchback. In addition, I use it on my motorcycle seat, arm and back rests. I usually buy it by the gallon from Amazon and keep refilling the spray bottle. I don't know if there is a difference between the 303 Aerospace Protectant and the Marine UC Protectant. I just stick with the 303 Aerospace Protectant because it works for me. I spray it directly on the tire and wipe off the rim. On the motorcycle, spray it on a terrycloth towel and wipe it on then after a few minutes, wipe off any residual.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Free directly on the wheel or put it on the applicator first and then do the wheel?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000XBCURW
@Jeepster21

I buy 303 Marine UV Protectant by the gallon at Amazon...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AY1W1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I scrub the tire with soap and water and let the tire dry. Not I spray the lightly with 303 Marine UV Protectant. Spraying allows the 303 to get into all the crevices/ the side tread. Now, I take an small applicator or small piece of rag and spread it around... work it in a bit til it is spread even. I move the Jeep forward about a foot at this time, so I can get the tread on the bottom.... seriously... Anyway, after all coated I let the stuff dry and then just come back and quickly hot them with a dry rag. Then I wax the rim...

Should mention if the tire is really really dirty, browned out, I first clean/scrub with Black Magic Bleche-Wite Tire Cleaner
https://www.amazon.com/Black-Magic-120066-Bleche-Wite-Cleaner/dp/B004YZUK02/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1PQUZQCW4PAHY&dchild=1&keywords=bleche+white&qid=1622070900&sprefix=bleche+,aps,166&sr=8-2

For door seals, Freedom top seals, etc., I use:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T44D1R2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Jeep Wrangler JL Tire Shine 51QK8YaFB8L._AC_SL1000_

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Yeah I'm on the 303 bandwagon. I have been using that on the tires and any rubber or plastic trim for years. It works and looks great. UV protection to so helps to prevent fading.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.