First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (JLU)
Occupation
Railroad Engineer
Please help. Tried searching forum and couldnt find anything. Sorry if I missed it. Six day old JL Sahara White and just noticed, after 54 miles, there is splatter all along the rear fenders and quarters. Appear to be maroon/brown in color and will not come off with microfiber, goo gone, water. I assume its tire shine splatter from the dealer. Not sure what else it could be. Any suggestions????? Thanks ladies and gents!

20190515_163357.jpg
Sponsored

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Try a claybar or synthetic clay bar. If its stained the clear it might have to be polished.

This is why I hate a lot of tire dressings they look silly imo and sling shit everywhere.

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Try a claybar or synthetic clay bar. If its stained the clear it might have to be polished.

This is why I hate a lot of detailers who dont know how to apply tire dressings they look silly imo and sling shit everywhere.
Fixed part of your statement for you!

OP it could also be fallout. Try Ironx first to see if that'll get it off. Do you have the clear film on your rear flare? It may even be under the film

OP
OP
JLFig9

JLFig9

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Railroad Engineer
Fixed part of your statement for you!

OP it could also be fallout. Try Ironx first to see if that'll get it off. Do you have the clear film on your rear flare? It may even be under the film
Clear film? I'm not sure

OP
OP
JLFig9

JLFig9

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Railroad Engineer
Clear film? I'm not sure
I searched and I "MAY" see some outline of a protective film but cant say for sure. Scared to start picking just in case lol. Let's hope its protected

Sponsored

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I searched and I "MAY" see some outline of a protective film but cant say for sure. Scared to start picking just in case lol. Let's hope its protected
You will have a small clear protective film on the front of the rear flare.

What your seeing is very likely a stain from tire sling. Dealerships want quick easy results and often use some pretty harsh shit.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
I would actually try Cap Pro TarX or a medium clay bar. If that doesn't work, you may need to use a DA polisher.
Sponsored