Sponsored

Tire Pressure Stock Sport Altitude

tranvi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
First time Jeep owner here. I just took delivery of a Granite Crystal 2021 Sport Altitude and absolutely loving it. Been reading forum posts on ideal tire pressure and it seems most ride at 36 psi or lower. I was surprised to see the recommended cold temp psi listed on the door was 38 psi. Are others seeing the increased psi on newer JLs? I have no idea if a few psi makes a big difference but I'm considering running at 35-36.
Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I suggest doing the chalk test to get an even wear on the tires. I’m down to 32psi on my aftermarket 35x12.5 and seem to be getting even wear now. It rides a lot better on the road now as well.

And welcome!

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
The pressure on the door is mainly there for optimal mileage. The only way to be sure what your vehicle and specific tire wants is a chalk test. I have the factory Rubicon KO2’s, and they like 34 psi. 40,000 miles later, I have completely even wear.

Be aware, that the TPMS with trigger a warning at 30 psi, and won’t go away until it sees 38 psi again. During big temp swings (is can be 80 here one day, and 50 the next this time of year) I’m always chasing pressures to keep the computer happy. A Taser would fix that though.

OP
OP

tranvi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude