Sponsored

Tire Pressure - rely on TPMS or old fashion manual air pressure gauge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I start the jeep my tpms reads 32 all 4

I drive 30mins to work, once there tpms reads 35

35 is what I want my target to be
Everyone here is trying to say that in order to set your psi to the vehicle/tire manufacturers spec you check it cold. This is 100% the correct way to get your tires to spec.

You are saying you have a psi that you’ve determined to be optimal and are ignoring manufacturer’s spec, which is completely fine. You’ve determined that number to be 35psi at operating temperature. But you admitted to understanding 35 warm is equivalent to 32 cold, so you’ve spent six pages and years of your life insisting on reading 35 instead of 32.

This dude is a troll and he's going to respond with a post misinterpreting what I'm saying and then calling me an idiot.
Sponsored

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Great. Now you are the JL forum hero. After reading numerous posts on this forum I would trust @Rhinebeck01 experience and knowledge over yours. Everyone should do what they wish with their tires. There is plenty of info available for everyone to make their own decision without having to be insulted or accused of wearing tin foil hats.
Lol his experience that's hilarious

All he does is google copy and paste

Prob doesnt even own a jl

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Everyone here is trying to say that in order to set your psi to the vehicle/tire manufacturers spec you check it cold. This is 100% the correct way to get your tires to spec.

You are saying you have a psi that you’ve determined to be optimal and are ignoring manufacturer’s spec, which is completely fine. You’ve determined that number to be 35psi at operating temperature. But you admitted to understanding 35 warm is equivalent to 32 cold, so you’ve spent six pages and years of your life insisting on reading 35 instead of 32.

This dude is a troll and he's going to respond with a post misinterpreting what I'm saying and then calling me an idiot.
No I'm not...what you just said is exactly what I've been saying.

Start at page 1, post #7

Hardly anyone with large tires runs at 37psi(the recommended psi)

....idiot

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
38 cold?? Holy sh#$ that's high

Should always adjust or set psi to target psi after driving once tire is warm
His target PSI is the manufacturers recommended COLD tire pressure. Your target is an arbitrary number you’ve chosen and choose to aim for only at operating temperatures.
He should not, nor should anyone attempt to get to the manufacturer’s recommended psi when the tires are warm. You can choose any way you want to get to whatever your self-determined ideal psi is.

Sponsored

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
His target PSI is the manufacturers recommended COLD tire pressure. Your target is an arbitrary number you’ve chosen and choose to aim for only at operating temperatures.
He should not, nor should anyone attempt to get to the manufacturer’s recommended psi when the tires are warm. You can choose any way you want to get to whatever your self-determined ideal psi is.
38 cold would be like 42/43 warm

What tires is he running???

I never once said Mfg recommendation...I've said your own.

3/4 of what your saying is common sense I know that

OP
OP
signals34

signals34

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
wow...just had a chance to check back here....this did blow up.....at least i have an answer now......use a manual gauge,and use the tpms as a guide... yes, i have the stock jlur tires on, ko2...so i am good with 38 cold?.....lol.....

Sponsored

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
You need to go back to first grade. This post is pretty high on one of the dumbest I have read on this forum. I really hope you’re joking and having fun with this because I am in awe of this stupidity. You my friend are an idiot.
So well said, my friend
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.