Tire Pressure Monitoring system not working : (

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
So today I go back in my jeep after not driving it for a few days and I have a "Service Tire Pressure Monitoring System" message that comes up, or something along those words. When you go to view the tire pressure in the dash the tires are just marked out red, with dashes instead of pressure readings, and of course the tire caution light is light up in the tach gauge cluster as well. I have restarted the jeep several times today and have it's still not working. I'm taking my jeep to the dealership for something else soon anyway so I was going to have it looked at then, just curious if anyone had any insight. I am running stock tires and rims, have not changed anything with them.
IMG_0875.jpeg
Sponsored

FirstF80InSpace

First Name
F80
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 C4S / 2021 JLUR 4xe
It’s unlikely all four have failed at the same time. Do you have a tire shop you go to? They have a handheld scanner that can detect TPMS and see if it’s functioning or not.

I would also try disconnecting the battery for 10 seconds and see if that solves the problem.

OP
OP
JeepTime

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for the reply! I figured it's unlikely they all went bad, but i thought it could be on the actual car side of things thats maybe not picking it up or reading it correctly. I'll probably go unplug the battery as you mentioned and see how it turns out

Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Probably a bad TPMS module.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I had a similar issue, but it was on a brand new 2019 JLUR that I bought in June 2020. The display showed the exact same issue as the OP's when I took it for a test drive. I brought it to the salesman's attention, who had the service department look at it.

By the time I signed the papers they promised me the TPMS was fixed (stated they scanned it and removed the fault), so I walked out to the Jeep to verify it, which it was now displaying correctly.

As I began the 450 mile drive home, the TPMS went out about 5 miles into my drive. I said screw it and continued with my trip. During the next few weeks, the TPMS would intermittently display some of the pressures (never all 4), but usually wouldn't work at all. I had the TPMS sensors scanned at a local Discount Tire and they found readings on 3 sensors but not the 4th.

I took it to my local dealer who replaced the TPMS module (the ones mounted on body/frame). This fix lasted all of 5 miles during their test drive, so they started a STAR case and gave me my Jeep back. After two weeks, the dealer called and said FCA thought the TPMS sensors in the wheels were the incorrect versions. The dealer swapped the four modules out (not the spare) and fixed the issue.

On the first Jeep Wave oil change/tire rotation, I asked for and received a 5 tire rotation and warned them the spare's TPMS sensor might be incorrect since it wasn't swapped out. Come to find out, the spare's TPMS sensor was the correct version and worked fine.

Jeep your tips up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS 2.0 Bright White Dual Tops
Just got some take offs from a dealer TPMS wasn't working on my 2018 Sahara after I swapped them out. My LOCAL dealer said when I took it in that the car was in Winter mode, and that there were no TPMS on the new set. Dealer I bought them off said BS, came off a 2020 .what's that all about 'winter mode'
I'll try that battery reset that's a good thing to know.
Sponsored