First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4x4
Occupation
Dad
I would like a better tire pressure gauge for the Jeep. I have a handful of cheap pencil type gauges that work just fine for quick checks on the road, but they are not terribly precise or accurate when off center. I want to try a digital gauge but am struggling to convince myself that the amazon basics gauge is good enough and can't justify gettting a gauge that costs more than my Jeep payments.

What do y'all look for in a quality digital tire pressure gauge?
Sponsored

Last edited:

garkoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited

xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

good options exist of course.....I've been very partial to Milton products. USA made and have been tough despite my abuse. Even their cheap "pencil" gauges have been reliable and always match better at home inflators.

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
I like these...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00139YMUQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I would like a better tire pressure gauge for the Jeep. I have a handful of cheap pencil type gauges that work just fine for quick checks on the road, but they are not terribly precise or accurate when off center. I want to try a digital gauge but am struggling to convince myself that the amazon basics gauge is good enough and can't justify gettting a gauge that costs more than my Jeep payments.

What do y'all look for in a quality digital tire pressure gauge?
I have two digital gauges. I find the Tekton one easier to use than the Jaco. Both give me the same readings, which line up with what the EVIC shows.

TEKTON Digital Tire Gauge | 5941 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037V0EW8/

JACO ElitePro Digital Tire... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JL8YB36/

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
I have used two tire gauges for the past 25 years:

one is a heavy-duty dial-face brass gauge similar to this dial gauge

the other is a digital gauge by Accutire Tire Gauge it comes with a 5-yr warranty, this is what I bought for my daughter's car.

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
We stuck to tried and true pencils as they are perfectly accurate. With 2 in the Jeep they speed up the air up air down process a lot. The ARB deflator Smitty inflator are accurate enough but we always use the pencils to get spot on pressures. Just make sure they have a deep socket and are decent quality.

Thought about the gauge types but inconsistent reviews put us off. We always add 3 or 4 when airing back up when hot as when cold the tires drop by around 3. So at 4 you can get precise to match the JL display screen.
Sponsored