Tire gate reinforcement

Artiead

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2018 4-Door JL
I am adding 35” tires and wondering if the tailgate reinforcement bracket is necessary for a 2019 JL 4 door Rubicon. Was looking at the DV8 tire bracket for about $250. The mopar bracket and tire mount are nearly $800.
Sponsored

RC3

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR 392 - '20 JTR - '21 GCL
I am adding 35” tires and wondering if the tailgate reinforcement bracket is necessary for a 2019 JL 4 door Rubicon. Was looking at the DV8 tire bracket for about $250. The mopar bracket and tire mount are nearly $800.
Jeep claims the tailgate will handle a 35" tire, but with a $50K vehicle - a few hundred dollars for some insurance is worth it in my opinion, especially if you plan to do any offroading. I have the Mopar Reinforcement Bracket and have been carrying a 38 on it for nearly a year and it is solid!

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Mopar reinforcement installed at the factory then installed the relocation bracket and 3rd brake light relocation mount myself to put my 35 back there. Now that I've had it for a couple of weeks, I think I'd rather have a bumper mounted spare carrier. There's nothing wrong with it, per-say, but the swing gate is now very heavy and it just feels, to me, like it is too much for the long run. I'm searching for a bumper mounted solution that fits the look I'm after without costing $$
Sponsored

Reactions: RC3